No announcement yet.

Performance mods to Walmart mini-bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the point of a thread that is 100% you tube clickbait and no contribution from a discussion point of view. There isn't any conversation here, just links.
    Last edited by earlfor; 06-21-2023, 08:21 PM.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

There isn't any conversation here, just links.
      You and I are having a conversation. Granted you want to go off topic with it, which to me is of no value. If you have a problem with the thread and nothing else to contribute, just report it and move on. Let the admins sort it out.

While I appreciate the work these folks are doing on these mini-bikes and can see it as a way of getting a new generation interested in racing, I doubt I will be building such a bike in the future. I know a couple that started out their boy on one years ago. Basically, a stretched mini-bike with a jr. dragster motor, I think running methanol. Good to see it getting popular as back then I think they had to spend some time working with the tracks to allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by joequesmith View Post
        Now here is a 100MPH+ mini-bike equipped with a 1394cc Kawasaki engine. Leave it to the top fuel teams to come up with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMPC3W9UUz4
        As useful as having a 1394cc Kawasaki powered toothbrush.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

You and I are having a conversation. Granted you want to go off topic with it, which to me is of no value. If you have a problem with the thread and nothing else to contribute, just report it and move on. Let the admins sort it out.

While I appreciate the work these folks are doing on these mini-bikes and can see it as a way of getting a new generation interested in racing, I doubt I will be building such a bike in the future. I know a couple that started out their boy on one years ago. Basically, a stretched mini-bike with a jr. dragster motor, I think running methanol. Good to see it getting popular as back then I think they had to spend some time working with the tracks to allow it.
          A bunch of clowns unable to wrench their way out of a wet paper bag. LMAO But you're welcome to continue down that road as you wish.
          Last edited by earlfor; 06-21-2023, 09:18 PM.

Comment

If I were going to roll one, I was thinking two or more engines. A quick search and found this gem from 1969 which they claim will run 100MPH.

Comment

"As useful as having a 1394cc Kawasaki powered toothbrush."

Toothbrushes and toilet paper. FYI, I posted today about cleaning a diaper which sounds like it may be something you have an interest in.

During that interview, they talk about it serving as their pit bike. I am guessing they push the T/F bike with it.

Comment

What a bizarre thread.

"Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                  What a bizarre thread.
                  Not even that, just a list of you tube links.

Comment

You and I are having a conversation.
                    This isn't a conversation. A conversation is the exchange of information. This is an exercise in futility. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                      This is an exercise in futility.
                      Yet you continue. If this is how you enjoy spending your remaining time, so be it. I'm more than happy to bring you a little joy.

Comment

To gain some perspective, I did a quick search on your last 50 or so forum posts. This is about as close as you have been to posting about bikes in a long time. Guessing you lost interest but just never found a better forum to join. Anyway, good to see you posting something about bikes again.

Comment

Video for the 15 YO kids attempting to install turbos onto small (<400cc) engines. Some decent info and some funny bits. Having some experience with turbocharging myself, when I watched that first video I was waiting for the big cloud of smoke when they chopped the throttle but they never show it. Even without any boost, I'm surprised the vacuum created wasn't enough to pull the oil into the intake.

He covers the oiling system, fuel supply, strength, all the basic problems I went through with the GS. The video is more generalized, so he talks about fuel injection and mapping. My old GS draw through, the throttle remains open or idle. Adding fuel injection wouldn't be much help. I abandoned the EFI blow through system I was building for it.

He also talks about the tiny, low quality, ebay turbos still not being a good match for the small engine example he shows. He touches on some of what goes into selecting a turbo. It seems like with companies out their making fully custom turbochargers, you could get anything you want. Of course, it comes at a price.

10 reasons WHY small engine E-BAY &#8220;TURBO&#8221; have FAILED ...EVERYTHING you need to KNOW when INSTALLING a TURBO

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                            What a bizarre thread.
                            Most are anymore.
                            They might not start out that way, but as it takes its twist and turns and someone has to start criticizing, and then you can expect a reply to the criticizing.

Big difference in giving opinions on something and just posting to be an arse and there is also posting to be humorous.

A lot of time the criticizing and being an arse is what keeps threads going anymore, it's not the regular twist and turns opinion and ideas that steers it.

And this action is preformed by the ones who portray to be the more intelligent and preach acceptance and getting along.

But in reality, as far as this forum goes.....they mirror the smartarse style of Donald Trump.​

Comment

Trent, I did attempt to respond to your PM. The PM features appear very primitive and missing even a basic reply feature. Guessing it never made it.

Comment

Trent, I did attempt to respond to your PM. The PM features appear very primitive and missing even a basic reply feature. Guessing it never made it.
                                All I can say is click on users name on their post and a page will pop up that says private message click on it.

Im sure others could direct you to proper way

It appears as though you got it to work, maybe not as easily as you like.

Comment

Working...
                                X