Performance mods to Walmart mini-bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joequesmith View Post
    This one looks like a dragbike. 1/8th mile, 8.57 @ 74 MPH with a 2-stroke.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hbhvq3nldY
    Watching that video reminds me of the drag strip friends and myself would spend time at back in highschool.

On any Friday, Saturday on the 1/8th mile track you could see just about anything go down the track.

We had a blast there, you'd see anything from stock four cyl stock quiet cars to some quick n fast vehicles, 125cc dirt bikes to really fast bikes.
    I wonder what it's like now a days, same?

Probably have electric cars, golf carts and side by sides racing now...lol

ii had to look up my old drag strip hang out just to see if it was still up and going....and thankfully it's still opened and operating .

I has it a feeling it might have shut down, I'd heard there was a period of time where the drag strip was imperil and had shut down for a while? Not sure

thinking new owners or something happened?

Comment

I heard one of the local tracks closed up. I'm not sure if the Covid shutdowns did it in or if something else caused it. Guessing higher insurance costs, ambulance, maintenance, low turn outs would all play a part. Then you have the people who move next to one and complain to the city about the noise. I've not been to a track to even watch an event in several years and why I had stopped posting about it. Caught one of the NHRA events on TV and then started watching some of the videos on YT to get some idea how the sport had progressed. Amazing how quick some of the nobar bikes are running. Watched that first 5 second 1/4 mile pass and the Texan running 268MPH. Crazy how much they have gained over the last 8 years.

It wasn't what we set out for when we left to go to the Horsepower Hustle Race at VMP last weekend, but boys.. we did it!Get your ECU Flashed by me.Call me a...

268.38 mph!!! Larry "Spiderman" McBride makes the FASTEST motorcycle run in drag racing history! Subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com...

Comment

They have a 4.6 and 5.6 index classes now. Quick search, looks like they started the 4.6 index in 2014. So it has been a while. Watching a recent video, it looks like a few old GS motors are still being used. I just need to shave off 0.4 seconds. How hard could that be! lol. May be easier to get that mini-bike to run 100 MPH! Mini-bike would certainly be cheaper! .

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Originally posted by joequesmith View Post
          They have a 4.6 and 5.6 index classes now. Quick search, looks like they started the 4.6 index in 2014. So it has been a while. Watching a recent video, it looks like a few old GS motors are still being used. I just need to shave off 0.4 seconds. How hard could that be! lol. May be easier to get that mini-bike to run 100 MPH! Mini-bike would certainly be cheaper! .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH5WHK_MlDc
          My dad was friends with a guy that drag raced motorcycles in the 80s

Another friend that raced still had Polaroid pics and stuff on Facebook, and I looked at them and all that guy raced was suzukis.

He had a couple top fuel bikes, I was told he was on espn a few times racing ?

Supposedly he started racing street bikes? Think the newest pic was the guy on a 2007 ? Busa, and now he pretty much is into just custom Harleys?

His friend who kept all the pics has a garage full of bikes, I'd show them here but not without his approval.

Comment

Originally posted by joequesmith
            Could very well have been on ESPN back then. I would ask your dad's friend about doing an interview along with the photos. May have some good stories to tell.

There was a member on this forum that used to drag race early on and had lots of photos. I offered to digitize them for free but they couldn't pull the trigger in fear they would be lost. I wouldn't be too surprised if they haven't passed away by now so the photos would have been lost for good.
            Looking at both the ex racers Facebook page, only motorcycle pics show custom Harleys and what looks like road trip experiences on harleys

My uncle said """"back in the 80s the ex racers along with every one else with crotch rockets made fun of harleys all the time, when everyone hit their forties they all went to harleys""""

Comment

I sold my Harley a few years ago and have yet to own a large touring bike. I think if I bought a brand new road bike now, it would be something light weight and nimble. Maybe the GSX-R600Z. 412 lbs @ 124 HP. I almost bought a new Hayabusa just before they added the ABS. I have enough problems staying on a bike without some computer trying to second guess me. Had the deal made over the phone. Drove 100 miles to get the bike and the dealer backed out.

It might be a handful as a beginner's bike, but if you want to land in this mid-displacement range, you'll have thrills a minute on this one

Comment

He claims 7 PSI but doesn't sound like it spools up. He has a few videos of them racing it but all in the dark, no times or speed.

Azusa turbocharged minibike that puts out about 5-7lbs. I cleaned the bike up some and no longer needed the battery to run the pump. The old Facet pump seize...

Comment

Electric turbos are still a thing. At least in his conclusion, he says no performance gains. I bet with a dyno, they would see a loss. That's a lot of restriction.

Electric Turbo: https://amzn.to/2yieu9NThanks for stopping by my channel! Patron: https://www.patreon.com/DylonDesbiensBusiness inquiries: dylon.desbiens@yah...

Comment

I know this is reverse engineering, but as Long as we're youtubing..LOL

Comment

Personally I would rather watch old time videos of bikes but maybe Earl likes this sort of thing. For those interested in vintage motorcycles, here's one of my old GSs.

Bits from my 1983 GS1100ESD in a 1984 custom back halved chassis, Robinson transmission (custom), MTC clutch, Katana rods, Web cams, MTC pistons, Comp Turbo...

Comment

Like some of this guys experiments.....

Comment

Youtube video anyone? It's a suzuki...LOL

Comment

Performance mod, build a hill to ride it down. LMAO
                            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
                              Youtube video anyone? It's a GS suzuki...LOL Probably been posted???

Comment

I had two different GT ram air triples along with a Kaw, triple. All fun bikes. Had expansion chambers on the Kaw. Used those capless plugs. I got that one cheap as the ignition was dead. Designed my own for it. Rode it for a few years and sold to a friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X