No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having trouble with the new system. I'm not able to participate in pic of the week.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      I'm having trouble with the new system. I'm not able to participate in pic of the week.
      Yah, such is annoying.

. Dont really need to post a photo to name/state the theme-subject-topic.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I believe it was something like “brokeback motorcycle” to contrast his “cat” magnet winning photo from last week.

Just kidding, Rob. You know I love you. Oh, not that way. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

let me know if you need help with pictures.
        Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 03-14-2022, 04:55 PM.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          None of the pics contain any clue that is the "first" anything, well, other than the photos appearing to be old and/or the person appearing to being lot younger.
          Nope, i stated my GS650 photo was the first Suzuki i had ever owned
          82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
          Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
          Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
          Albums

Comment

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post

Nope, i stated my GS650 photo was the first Suzuki i had ever owned
            Yes, such was stated by many in thier comments, but not contained/conveyed much in the photos themselves (other than photo might appear to be old and/or person appears to be younger).

My picture too. I said was my first bike (and car and truck and dog and house), but no way for anybody to determine/derive that from looking at the picture. Other than it seemed like an old picture, and I had color in my hair/mustashe and was before I got a mocykle jacket.
            Last edited by Redman; 03-14-2022, 11:00 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

What broke my 17 ribs....lol

No signature

Comment

ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS! IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

During the forum update, we lost all posts in this thread after midnight eastern time, last Friday the 11th.
                This included a vote or two, the tally, the winner, the theme, and the winner's photo.

Other issues include some players having issues with the interface, uploading photos, and we haven't figured out multi-quote posts yet.
                Since it is already mid-week, I suggest we put the game hold until Saturday the 19th.

Hopefully give us time to figure things out, and get some bugs fixed.
                And, give us all next week to put up our photos.

Here is the tally from last Saturday morning:

Two votes each, dorkburger and Redman
                Four votes, dpep

And with five votes Rob S.

Rob, hopefully by Saturday we can get your theme and photo back up. Contact someone, (Rich? Redman? Me?) if you need assistance.

If anyone has any additional thoughts, or ideas, please share.
                Last edited by Baatfam; 03-16-2022, 10:01 AM.
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Two Comments:

- Glad that someone is attending to this.

- Just to confirm: You are suggesting suspending this weeks game ("Broke-"whatever), not last week ("First")

- I have limited availabilty the remainder of this week and next week.

(okay, that is three comments)

Comment

Correct Dave.
                    We'll start with Rob's theme, "It'll buff out." Or whatever it was.
                    Rob actually has the photo he used in his GRS album. So we should be able to get it posted.

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                      I recall the theme as being "That'll buff out" or close; it referred to crashed or damaged motorcycles and the picture was of the his crashed Sportster before it went to the insurance company.
                      I recall such a picture from back when it happened (quite memerable).....

Looking at Robs 70sHondaCat picture... and then Some snooping on that Flickr.......
                      image(2) by Bob Wayne, on Flickr

Hey, Rob, This it? (I would think so, unless you have another pic stored elesewhere.)

Hey, Bob, Seems like we have a good recallection of the stated theme-category and something of a sample picture. But, yah, would be better to hear it from last week winner RobS.
                      Last edited by Redman; 03-16-2022, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Simple enough to just make this a two week contest. Don't take the vote until Friday, March 25th.
                        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                        80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Simple enough to just make this a two week contest. Don't take the vote until Friday, March 25th.
                          That is exactly the plan, Don.
                          We'll put Rob's photo and theme back up this Saturday, and folks will have their normal week to post photos.
                          Hopefully by then, most of the kinks will be worked out of the new forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

That is exactly the plan, Don.
                            We'll put Rob's photo and theme back up this Saturday, and folks will have their normal week to post photos.
                            Hopefully by then, most of the kinks will be worked out of the new forum.
                            Yes, I understand. My point was that if someone wanted to put up a picture on the theme before Saturday there would be no reason they couldn't.
                            Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                            80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Yes, I understand. My point was that if someone wanted to put up a picture on the theme before Saturday there would be no reason they couldn't.
                              Agreed, they could. I thought waiting would give everyone some time to work out the kinks of the new forum, hope for some bug fixes, and maybe figure out the multi-quote option. But, if they can't wait until Saturday, we will figure it out.

And I sure would like to get the "official" theme from Rob, (Rob S. are you out there? We got the photo, just need your words.)

Either way, we will vote on Friday the 25th of March....

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                                None of the pics contain any clue that is the "first" anything, well, other than the photos appearing to be old and/or the person appearing to being lot younger.
                                [QUOTE=650Skull;n1643559]My first EVER Suzuki motorcycle...........bought 15 month ago.

This new site structure is backwards and very frustrating. Tried to add 2 Quotes.............
                                Last edited by 650Skull; 03-17-2022, 08:08 AM.
                                82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                                Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                                Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                                Albums

Comment

Working...
                                X