No announcement yet.

Ukraine russia invasion predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Russian stock market tanked 12% this morning before the first round of sanctions ..... The first round of sanctions cut off the Russian banking system to the west and killed the new pipeline ..... Tomorrow morning the Russian stock market is going to tank big time and take the ruble down with it .... Joe Sixvodkas is going to be paying a lot for that new TV and likely not have a job to go with it ..... The Ukraine is going to be expensive . It will be interesting to see what the second round of sanctions are .... I suspect the Russian economy is about to take a serious sh!t kicking ..... Their manufacturing industry shrunk significantly post 1991 ..... They are not prepared to go it alone ......
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

The NY Times' Friedman put it best: Putin wants to be a "nationalist avenger to divert from his failures."
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
        The Russian stock market tanked 12% this morning before the first round of sanctions ..... The first round of sanctions cut off the Russian banking system to the west and killed the new pipeline ..... Tomorrow morning the Russian stock market is going to tank big time and take the ruble down with it .... Joe Sixvodkas is going to be paying a lot for that new TV and likely not have a job to go with it ..... The Ukraine is going to be expensive . It will be interesting to see what the second round of sanctions are .... I suspect the Russian economy is about to take a serious sh!t kicking ..... Their manufacturing industry shrunk significantly post 1991 ..... They are not prepared to go it alone ......
        Putin's committed to invasion now, if the Europeans are serious about sanctions that could really hurt Putin's popularity in Russia. Even his rigged elections may not save him.
        1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

The Russian stock market tanked 12% this morning.
          Do you have a link to "Straight from the horses mouth" info on that? I've been seeing a LOT of inconsistencies in the news in general and would like to verify a few more things.
          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Mr. Cynic here today but I don't think sanctions will bother the rich Russians. They own half of London don't they? and anything the Chinese and bike gangs don't own here....haha. Money corrupts and it seems there's always a way to use it. But the poor? the meek? Sure. Times get tougher. What else is new in Russia? Iran? Iraq? Afghanistan? etc.

Something that does get the little people grumbling all together are body bags. sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
              Do you have a link to "Straight from the horses mouth" info on that? I've been seeing a LOT of inconsistencies in the news in general and would like to verify a few more things.
              I saw it on BNN that morning .... BNN is Kanada's business channel and they were discussing Russia's economy..... But I'm sure you could find a link to their index through google .....

Edit.....

I had a look and according to the Financial Times the MOEX fell as much as 14% Monday and finished the day more than 10% down ..... So I assume " more than " is where BNN came up with 12% .....
              Last edited by bccap; 02-23-2022, 12:02 PM.
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

But I'm sure you could find a link to their index through google .....
                That's the reason why I asked, I'm not exactly sure WHAT it is (Similar to DJIA here) I'm looking for and a search string of "Russia Stock market" leads to several pages of that same 12% quote from yesterday. Whenever I see a flood of stories all quoting the exact same thing I tend to get leery as to it's origin. A quote of Rubles vs other currencies exchange rates would also be interesting to see.
                Last edited by LAB3; 02-23-2022, 12:08 PM.
                1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

That's the reason why I asked, I'm not exactly sure WHAT it is (Similar to DJIA here) I'm looking for and a search string of "Russia Stock market" leads to several pages of that same 12% quote from yesterday. Whenever I see a flood of stories all quoting the exact same thing I tend to get leery as to it's origin. A quote of Rubles vs other currencies exchange rates would also be interesting to see.
                  It's called the MOEX ...... { Moscow Exchange }
                  Last edited by bccap; 02-23-2022, 12:54 PM.
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

And you should factor in the currency swing to the stock price also. If the MOEX fell 12%, and the ruble fell 10% vs the dollar or euro, then you're looking at a big hit.
                    '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                      And you should factor in the currency swing to the stock price also. If the MOEX fell 12%, and the ruble fell 10% vs the dollar or euro, then you're looking at a big hit.
                      There was an announcement by the russian banking authorities stating that companies could value their stock at last fridays ruble valuation.
                      Now that some serious old school state interference in the economy.

Im not sure how they can sustain that unblesss they think ittl be over soon.
                      1983 GS 550 LD
                      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Futility of pacifism…
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

In a rare act of public dissent against the war, the Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta has announced that its next edition will come out in Russian and Ukrainian languages.
                          Dmitry Muratov, the Nobel prize-winning editor of the paper, said that “together with our grief we feel shame” about a war that he directly blamed on Vladimir Putin.
                          “What’s the next step?” he said. “A nuclear salvo?
                          “We’re going to release this next edition of Novaya Gazeta in two languages because we will never see Ukraine as an enemy or Ukrainian as the language of the enemy.”
                          He added a call for protests against the war.

“Only an anti-war movement of Russians in my opinion can save life on this planet.”

The Guardian.
                          97 R1100R
                          Previous
                          80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

I don't pretend to be an expert on foreign policy. But, I am sitting at my desk this morning in shame, thinking that we should have done more to prevent this.

From my view, the world has just been sitting back, clearing the way for this horrific day.

A day late, but this world needs to stand up and eliminate that evil POS.....Today.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                              I don't pretend to be an expert on foreign policy. But, I am sitting at my desk this morning in shame, thinking that we should have done more to prevent this.

From my view, the world has just been sitting back, clearing the way for this horrific day.

A day late, but this world needs to stand up and eliminate that evil POS.....Today.
                              George W?.......
                              1983 GS 550 LD
                              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

This is why I have never bought into " The market has priced in " or " The market looks ahead " ..... Everybody and his dog knew what Putin was going to do and the market waits around for him to do it before it tanks like it is today ......
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X