Ukraine russia invasion predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
    Looks more to me like he's boxed himself in with a bunch of bad options, and no good ones.
    wait I have it figured out finally
    its so the pasty roly poly guys in their 40-80s can get more beach space on the Black AKA north sea which is actually a south and south west sea
    god those state vacation resorts of yore. hes doing a cool show trial\news conference thing now.
    cue the scene from Stephen King's The Dead Zone
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
      Looks more to me like he's boxed himself in with a bunch of bad options, and no good ones.
      Probably though that he could get concession like Hitler did and that the west will appease him and do nothing. He may be right but it's a huge gamble, he could take the Ukraine but have his economy crushed and the Russian people rise up against him.

How tough will the sanctions be, will the Europeans enforce them. Will the Russian people choose patriotic flag waving over personal economic disaster.
      1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Who's gonna be disappointed if nothing happens?
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
          Invasion on they crossed over
          The WMD in Ukraine was a nice poke in western hypocrisies eye
          People dying now
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

It's pretty much started already.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
              The great thing about being pessimistic if the worst case scenario doesn't happen you're okay with being wrong.

Comment

Should we do up free Ukraine tshirts? Could we repurpose old free James brown and free Tibet

Ineffective but a nice little money maker.
                1983 GS 550 LD
                2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                  The great thing about being pessimistic if the worst case scenario doesn't happen you're okay with being wrong.
                  Not me...... I've been freeing up cash to buy a market dip .....
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Ukraine now wishing they'd kept some of that bottled sunshine.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Looks like it's on
                      Putin declares new borders
                      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                      2007 DRz 400S
                      1999 ATK 490ES
                      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                        Ukraine now wishing they'd kept some of that bottled sunshine.
                        Yup trusting Russians to uphold a non aggression treaty with the Ukraine is the equivalent of Russians promising not to cheat in the Olympics.

Comment

Putin the Poisoner's long rambling speech has laid it out pretty plainly..nibble chunks off Ukraine and let the world suck it up with various sanctions and reprimands... It worked in Crimea. . Previous sanctions did little to get them back or deter Russia from more of the same. (naturally, Nobody much cared about Chechnya)
                          I think Someone here got it right, per humouring China and waiting for Olympics to end.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                            Putin the Poisoner's long rambling speech has laid it out pretty plainly..nibble chunks off Ukraine and let the world suck it up with various sanctions and reprimands... It worked in Crimea. . Previous sanctions did little to get them back or deter Russia from more of the same. (naturally, Nobody much cared about Chechnya)
                            I think Someone here got it right, per humouring China and waiting for Olympics to end.
                            The whole "Sanctions" thing by the West is puzzling to say the least. Cutting off the breakaway republics as opposed to Russia proper is only serving to hand the Russians those republics on a platter.
                            1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                            1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                            LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                              The whole "Sanctions" thing by the West is puzzling to say the least. Cutting off the breakaway republics as opposed to Russia proper is only serving to hand the Russians those republics on a platter.
                              Yes punishing Russian speaking Ukrainians is as stupid as can be.
                              Aimed at rebels but will harm common people
                              And Abramovich not touched too many UK politicos in his pocket.

I wonder how much UK German and US citizens will pay in gasoline exise tax increases alone. They're governments cashing in while affecting nothing.
                              1983 GS 550 LD
                              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                                It's appeasing European nations that want find minuscule details to avoid the big sanction hammer. The rebel areas were already occupied by Russia soldiers they produce nothing of importance to the west so sanctions applied to those regions are meaningless but it's sounds good on the news.

Once the Russian troops cross over into Ukrainian controlled regions the big hammer has to by played, if not Putin will take it as green light to take all of the Ukraine. Which he may do regardless as he believes corporate profits mean more to the west than Ukrainian independence.

Comment

Working...
                                X