No announcement yet.

My Norton is taking shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrenching and riding is a great way to spend time with the kids.
    The bike looks great.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I took a nice ride up through Trabuco Canyon and stopped at Cook's Corner. Feelings took over for the people involved in the tragedy there not so long ago.

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
      '79 GS100E
      Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Great shot. Bike looks terrific.
        1986 1150EF
        2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post
          I took a nice ride up through Trabuco Canyon and stopped at Cook's Corner. Feelings took over for the people involved in the tragedy there not so long ago.

I wondered what you were referring to and found it in the LA Times. Grim stuff.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post

I wondered what you were referring to and found it in the LA Times. Grim stuff.
            I didn't mean to get maudlin but I have been to this place often, it's a Harley hangout. Decent greasy grub and bands playing. Brought my son along many times. You just never know who's about to snap.

Back to bike news, it's idling well now that the engine's broken in a bit. I've still got a slight stumble at small mid-throttle openings to figure out. If I gas it, it's fine. It idles and has great power, and sounds sweet. I swapped fork oil for heavier grade and that made a big difference. It's super good, and the disc is really strong. I can chirp the front any time. It starts first or 2nd kick when cold with the Mikuni enrichener lever pushed down, then I ride it away and flip the lever up, and it's a one-kick start. It sounds great and handles well. It doesn't even leak any fluids. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop... I can't be this good of a builder, can I?

Oh, BTW Evel Knievel rode a Norton N15CS before switching to HD. He also had a Willys wagon. So i have that in common with him. No jumps for me though.

Last edited by oldGSfan; 02-16-2024, 08:51 PM.
            Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
            '79 GS100E
            Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Originally posted by oldGSfan View Post

Really nice!
              Shiney, Fine, Great Wonderfull.

Note to anybody: a search for "Trabuco Canyon Cook's Corner" will find referenced tragidity.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
              X