Are Uggs proper motorcycle footwear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by William Groebe View Post
    Driving home tonight I was passed by a guy riding an Aprilia while wearing Uggs. I've never seen that before.
    I'm surprised when people wear Uggs out in public at all, let alone while riding a motorcycle.

Not hating Uggs. I own some myself, but would never even contemplate riding while wearing them.
    obviously a new zealander on tour
    uggs for the winter ridding and jandals (flip flops) for summer ridding !!!!!!

ozman

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
      better than flip flops
      Not really. The "leather" Uggs are made of has the strength of a vynl car seat and because they have no laces or buckles,. are likely to get ripped on the feet in the first moment of contact with the ground.

Comment

Back in the days before no shirt no shoes no service...I let my feet go commando sometimes. Amazing I lived through all those drunken irresponsible years.
        82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
        80 gs1000s

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
          Back in the days before no shirt no shoes no service...I let my feet go commando sometimes. Amazing I lived through all those drunken irresponsible years.
          I was actually able to kick start my Norton barefoot back then. California had no helmet law and I'd ride with shorts, no shirt,no shoes, no helmet. Clearly, no brains, either.
          "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Though I have as much experience with motorcrossing as I have with knowing what its like to go to the moon I am however a very seasoned pro on the track and on the street with sport bikes….. I tell you this because who better a person to evaluate what is a greater street boot than a stunter ,street and track racer that spends everyday out doing 80 mph wheelies, stoppies and blowing past everything else on hwy at 150 mph? I have laid down many a bike lol and let me tell you if you want the greatest safety functioning a boot can give then you want to get a full fledged motorcross racing boot and use it for your street riding: These boots are created from end to end for all things that would love to break,shred,etc your legs from knee down whereas the lame ass conventional strret boots are but simply a fashion statement that offer minimal if any real protection for your below knee extremities. Sure there are those that will say they can be hard to shift with,etc but the simple solve is to just ajust your shifter and then what will the fashion conscious squids say? Oh did I mention that motorcross boots are very kick ass looking and in same frame are very good for kicking some ass of some troglodyte that decides to test you all because his girl cant keep her eyes off you and your bike lol.
            Last edited by Guest; 09-29-2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Anything that slips on quickly is not proper.

While I'm lacing up my riding boots, I'm also preparing my mind for the ride.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by kaufen View Post
                Though I have as much experience with motorcrossing as I have with knowing what its like to go to the moon I am however a very seasoned pro on the track and on the street with sport bikes….. I tell you this because who better a person to evaluate what is a greater street boot than a stunter ,street and track racer that spends everyday out doing 80 mph wheelies, stoppies and blowing past everything else on hwy at 150 mph? I have laid down many a bike lol and let me tell you if you want the greatest safety functioning a boot can give then you want to get a full fledged motorcross racing boot and use it for your street riding: These boots are created from end to end for all things that would love to break,shred,etc your legs from knee down whereas the lame ass conventional strret boots are but simply a fashion statement that offer minimal if any real protection for your below knee extremities. Sure there are those that will say they can be hard to shift with,etc but the simple solve is to just ajust your shifter and then what will the fashion conscious squids say? Oh did I mention that motorcross boots are very kick ass looking and in same frame are very good for kicking some ass of some troglodyte that decides to test you all because his girl cant keep her eyes off you and your bike lol.

Ooooooooooooooooookkkkkaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy...?
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by kaufen View Post
                  Comedy gold there.
                  "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                    Comedy gold there.
                    But with a good point.
                    Most/many shorty riding boots are a joke and can easily be torn off - I had a fully laced-up industrial boot torn off my foot, and while the item that gouged the boot from my extremity was never identified, the boot saved my foot from injury. However, if then bootless, my foot had been still in the line of more injury it would have been clobbered good.
                    I've recently been in the habit of wearing Dutch para boots in the summer, but they're a pita to lace up and have installed quick zips - otoh, how good are they now? I don't know until one gets ripped off. I intend to have my old pairs of full-length buckle boots repaired and get another 20 years out of them. Blow fashion - it's what protects that's important, not looks.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Jeez. Just look for CE Approved ankle armor boots. Something like these is what I wear (actually those are what I wear, earlier model):

Currently bikeless
                      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                        Jeez. Just look for CE Approved ankle armor boots. Something like these is what I wear (actually those are what I wear, earlier model):

Since people are concerned with them staying on, have tests shown they will stay on your feet at 90mph get offs?

Comment

Working...
                        X