2-Cylinder Photos - Post Yours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

That bike deserves a larger picture. Cheers!
    I absoultely agree on that note as well, very nice bike!
    Last edited by Chuck78; 01-15-2018, 08:44 AM.
    '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
    '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
    '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
    '79 GS425stock
    PROJECTS:
    '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
    '77 GS550 740cc major mods
    '77 GS400 489cc racer build
    '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
    '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

The regulations require it maintains the look of the era, I could replace the rear shocks as long as it retained the twin shock look, an alloy box swingarm would not be allowed. I could fit 17" wheels. A braided brake line and new master cylinder are on the wish list. I could change the front end with something newer, as long as it retained the look, but not upsidedown forks or floating rotors, slipper clutch's are out as well.. Since the photo was taken I have added a cutdown front guard as a fork brace. To be honest it doesn't handle too bad, for what it is. On a short track in the wet I have been known to pass the odd GS1000. In amongst other bikes of it's class (Pre82 Junior under 600cc it does OK).

The rules are here http://www.mnz.co.nz/docs/default-so...c.pdf?sfvrsn=2 see 25.4 to 25.4.8 for most of them.

Cheers
      Muzz

Comment

WP_20150227_005.jpgGsx250e

Comment

Very nice! Details like sprocket cover, foot peg mount, paint, front disc and bum stop make it work very well. Cheers!
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Thanks ,, needs testing now, want to get it on the road,some of the things might not work,ie gear shift wrong way,might need proper rear sets & front brake clearances are very close with the 4 potWP_20150227_006.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by hugo151 View Post
              Thanks ,, needs testing now, want to get it on the road,some of the things might not work,ie gear shift wrong way,might need proper rear sets & front brake clearances are very close with the 4 pot[ATTACH=CONFIG]38435[/ATTACH]
              Are those open meg's?

Comment

Sweet 250!
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

It's TWO cylinder and a ZUKI!! hope it counts but is a GR650...fired right up with a new battery and idles great, rides great but the carbs seem plugged cause it won't rev up much over 1/2 throttle..
                  A carb run thru and its a keeper!!!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hugo, if you are doing any major engine work, or want to flip the engine upside down on the bench & remove the case lower half, I believe the GS500 1989-2010 shift drum is set up in reverse from the standard old school GS shifting, as it had rearsets. The gears are revised so guys swap them into gs450's etc, but I remember a mention of not wanting to do the drum because the shift pattern is reversed due to the gs500 having rear sets smand the gs450's having standard foot pegs. So that may solve your problem (please re-confirm) but is a lot more work than figuring out a linkage swap/mod setup to correct your GP style backwards shifting. Just wanted to throw that out there FYI.
                    '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                    '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                    '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                    '79 GS425stock
                    PROJECTS:
                    '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                    '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                    '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                    '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                    '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

My Picasa stuff is rearranged so dead links in the beginning of this thread. someone might think i don't have one but I do!
                      see?

well really,

though the E is a bit different now per mufflers, instrument box gone and forks are black.

this might be mildly interesting....an 850's bagrack haywired on the 400E ..keeps those soft bags outta the spokes and especially a nice way to move the turn signals
                      back

Last edited by Gorminrider; 05-26-2015, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Gorminrider,

I'm interested in what pipes you are running; they look great and appear to be below the axle level so the axle comes out easily. The stock ones are pretty silly from a maintenance POV, but the short upswept look must have been in.

Mine still has stockers, but one is starting to get the bulge and we all know what's next. I've had 2 into 1s before but would prefer to keep the stock look if I can get anything worth buying. Plus I'm not into anything louder than stock if I can avoid it.
                        '82 GS450T

Comment

Obviously still working on the body work.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Park View Post
                            Gorminrider,

I'm interested in what pipes you are running; they look great and appear to be below the axle level so the axle comes out easily. The stock ones are pretty silly from a maintenance POV, but the short upswept look must have been in.

Mine still has stockers, but one is starting to get the bulge and we all know what's next. I've had 2 into 1s before but would prefer to keep the stock look if I can get anything worth buying. Plus I'm not into anything louder than stock if I can avoid it.
                            Hi John I know-nuts isn't it. The manual would have you remove the whole exhaust pipe because the OEM exhaust was welded to header as a single piece??!!!at least mine was(those are the originals in the middle picture RedBike)... The real answer for me is to take the shocks off while on the center stand or just lever the rear wheel up-

...The TX (black) has a pretty common slipon from China or Taiwan knock-off of an Emgo ! -t h i n chrome. BUT the axle removed will still hit the just across the top and scratch that groovy chrome . Lots of room for chain adjusting though.

These should be ez to find in any bike shop that sells anything from a wider catalogue for about $100 retail per pair.(or ebay) I see them everywhere. (I mean the two stores I frequent here) They are very quiet.... in fact the bike sounds like a sewing machine . They sound like ....tappets! I like it, myself.
                            ... On the EX (red) some different kind of slip-on that came on a bike gifted to me - Different because they are heavy built and straight, where a normal slip on has a slight upward tilt but less than the originals. These are also louder-not seaplane/Harley loud- just blotblot blotblot. Unfortunately No name to tell you- too much barbecue paint slapped on them.
                            Last edited by Gorminrider; 05-26-2015, 10:36 PM.

Comment

It's sort of sad but here's what my 400EX is going to look like in a few years as I give up more and more chrome and pitted aluminum to BLACK...

I'm taking good care of those those cam covers though!

Comment

Wow lots of great bikes in this thread!

Let's keep 'em coming... I'd love to see some updates from some of the older posts!

Comment

Working...
                                X