R/R Sense wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

posplayr is pulling your leg. What he meant to say is this:

When testing the voltage on the stator, you put your test leads on two of the stator legs at a time. Do not put one lead on ground, there is no "ground" between the stator and R/R.

You don't have to remove the engine cover to test the stator, just disconnect the wires between the R/R and the stator and test those.

You said you read the Stator Papers, but I recommend going back and reading the Primer again so that you're sure you understand how this system actually works: http://www.thegsresources.com/garage/gs_statorfacts.htm

It would help your mechanical abilities quite a lot to understand basic electrical concepts. Particularly the difference between voltage and current, AC vs DC, how to read a schematic, how to build simple circuits, and so on. Since you clearly have access to the Internet, there's absolutely no excuse for being "completely dumb when it comes to electrical." The information is out there, you just have to find it and put forth the effort to learn it!
    Last edited by eil; 06-17-2013, 01:56 PM.
    Charles
    --
    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
      posplayr is pulling your leg. What he meant to say is this:

When testing the voltage on the stator, you put your test leads on two of the stator legs at a time. Do not put one lead on ground, there is no "ground" between the stator and R/R.

You don't have to remove the engine cover to test the stator, just disconnect the wires between the R/R and the stator.

You said you read the Stator Papers, but I recommend going back and reading the Primer again so that you're sure you understand how these two parts work: http://www.thegsresources.com/garage/gs_statorfacts.htm
      Since you spilled the beans, the second part of the test is to test leg to ground; that is the most important part. should be 0 VAC.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        Since you spilled the beans, the second part of the test is to test leg to ground; that is the most important part. should be 0 VAC.
        Even though i value and read every persons response, i still had to pretend like i didnt read that post about the silencer, i was thinkin this guys either got tooo much time on his hands, or is smart as F##K haha, guess first thought was right appreciate the input none the less tho! im going to do some more testing now when i get home

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoney89 View Post
          Even though i value and read every persons response, i still had to pretend like i didnt read that post about the silencer, i was thinkin this guys either got tooo much time on his hands, or is smart as F##K haha, guess first thought was right appreciate the input none the less tho! im going to do some more testing now when i get home
          seeing if you are paying attention

Comment

Working...
          X