No announcement yet.

Top 10 Favorite Tools you have or use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy I guess this thread's been around for a hot minute. I didn't realize I had responded way back when. A little update on my lists:

Originally posted by Allie View Post
    Well my top two tools are:

1. coffee cup - Still top o' the hill!
    2. muffin tin - mostly lies fallow these days

After that the two tools that I went without for years before breaking down and buying are:

1. guitar string winder
    2. chromatic tuner.

They save SO much time, especially for someone with several guitars and who hates changing strings. - these are still going strong and I've found you can't have too many of either. I've gotten several clip on tuners to keep in guitar cases - very handy.

Most of my mechanical tools are pretty mundane. The old air compressor that my uncle gave me IS quite handy though. I've retired the old green Sears compressor d/t extreme old age. I really miss the friendly wuffle wuffle of the cast iron lung wheezing air into the tank. The new compressor has more capacity but is loud and angry sounding.

Some tools I really need to get are:

-bench grinder - SCORE
    -impact wrench for lug nuts - SCORE
    -tap and die set - SCORE (haven't used it much yet. I've had a thread file for many years but it's time to go next-level)
    -heat gun - SCORE
    -small parts washer - Not Yet

I'll add now and should have added then: those little stainless clamp thingies that look like something doctors use. I've been using them for all kinds of jobs around the house, garage, electronics bench, kitchen, bathroom for the past 30 years - literally 1001+ uses.
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

You mean hemostats? Make great roach holders.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post

Boy I guess this thread's been around for a hot minute. I didn't realize I had responded way back when. A little update on my lists:

I'll add now and should have added then: those little stainless clamp thingies that look like something doctors use. I've been using them for all kinds of jobs around the house, garage, electronics bench, kitchen, bathroom for the past 30 years - literally 1001+ uses.
        Yes!! Great shim grabbers.

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Best $5 I spent was on this Valve Adjustment tool

80 GSX1100 ET
          82 GSX750 EZ
          84 GSX1150 ES
          86 GSX750 ES
          10 GSXR1000

Comment

Working...
          X