Twisted crank? '82 GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
    There is a ton of info in the search on twisted crank. I think we kicked around engine serial numbers trying to find where the the welding started.

Mine was unwelded and twisted 146884.

That is interesting. My 1982 GS1100E is motor # 146889 and has a welded crank. Looks factory, or at least very professional welds. Maybe a warrenty replacement? Don't have the original owner to ask. Bike neck date is 3/82

Comment

Originally posted by gregr View Post
      That is interesting. My 1982 GS1100E is motor # 146889 and has a welded crank. Looks factory, or at least very professional welds. Maybe a warrenty replacement? Don't have the original owner to ask. Bike neck date is 3/82
      I have an '82 1100ez and the crank is welded, im not sure of the date of manufacture, someone tore the tag off the steering stem. But I can look on the engine for the number.

Comment

That is interesting. My 1982 GS1100E is motor # 146889
        Huh...5 newer than mine. Pretty coincidental.

WHERE DO YOU KEEP ALL THOSE BIKES !!!
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
          Huh...5 newer than mine. Pretty coincidental.

WHERE DO YOU KEEP ALL THOSE BIKES !!!

Have a 14' x 50' shop with electricity and heat, also a 12x30 dry shed no heat. Race trailer with three bikes in it and a 2-1/2 car garage at home full. (cars can set out) They will make more of them but not these beauties from the GS era. Hope to add a 1985 GS1150ES tomorrow.

Comment

Hope to add a 1985 GS1150ES tomorrow.
            Damn ! Better be careful....you may get signed up as a point of interest stop on the Fennimore gathering .
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I'm very inhospitable, just a damn old grouch. LOL. I went on the GS ride dfrom Fennemore in 2008> Met some great people. Brian Wringer, Joe Nardy and others. Thought they were a great bunch. Made me feel welcome. Were you there?" I was on a 1983 GS1100E in Fantastic Gold paint (or some name like it) Seems it is a seldom seen paint color on a 1983. Hopingt to join the group for the Saturday of the event.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                I KNEW you would say something Bill!! LOL!! Terry, I had the Falicon rod first & it was too loose. No QA on their part back then I guess. I had a machinist friend make mine & then it was hard chromed & ground to size. It has 1 TENTH of a thousandth runout in 16 inches. Overkill? Probably, but that's the way I do stuff. My stuff lives this way. Ray.

OMG Ray that's just a touch anal? I know takes one to know one...LMAO

Comment

Working...
                X