No announcement yet.

Whats going on in your garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, they're ice cube trays, I've been using them for as long as I can remember, and can't recall where I got the idea. Actually, cupcake tins work equally well, just make sure your wife's completely done with them or there'll be MAJOR hell to pay. I always make sure I get all the old kitchen stuff before it goes in the garbage. Cookie sheets are very useful as drip pans, or carb work on a bench, too. Don't even get me started on the old rubbermaid stuff she was going to throw out when it got replaced with Tupperware.

Glad you like the pic's

-M-

Comment

My addition to the project pages. The bike is actually in my basement.

There are some more over at:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Hopefully I can add some more before it's all done.

Comment

Ogri and Kaptain Ketchup... 8)

Beautiful bikes guys!

Comment

Winter Project

Its a cheap fixer upper havent started yet

Comment

Wow, your intake manifold is almost as bad as mine. I have a single part that I use now that mounts to the stock 3" inlet. What are you going to use for a carb? What is all the welding and grinding on the block for? It looks like your oil return, but I don't see how it fits together with your drain from the turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy
              Wow, your intake manifold is almost as bad as mine. I have a single part that I use now that mounts to the stock 3" inlet. What are you going to use for a carb? What is all the welding and grinding on the block for? It looks like your oil return, but I don't see how it fits together with your drain from the turbo.
              Duct tape is covering the opening. It looks like a brass fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by solo suzuki
                Ogri and Kaptain Ketchup... 8)

Beautiful bikes guys!
                Thanks Solo! My project is moving much slower than the rest of the guys. Too much traveling for work. This employment thing is getting in the way of my fun........

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                  That's what it looks like to me as well. If you look at his fitting on the turbo, he has it coming out towards the intake side with a 90 degree bend. But this fitting looks like it comes streight out so the drain tube would have to have a bend or a loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                    That's what it looks like to me as well. If you look at his fitting on the turbo, he has it coming out towards the intake side with a 90 degree bend. But this fitting looks like it comes streight out so the drain tube would have to have a bend or a loop.
                    Agreed, that is what it looks like. There is a good reason though I am sure. Routing? Come on Mark, give us the scoop buddy

Comment

Yeah it is my turbo drain that is welded into the cases. I will take a few pics tomorrow and post em to show how its going to be set up. I had problems with oil sitting in the old long drain pipe that had to rise over the top case edge just behind the clutch. This way I retain my stock filler hole and the oil drains a bit more directly.

Lecroy, the carb is a hsr42 with all the goodies to run on pressure fuel supply.

pilot range (TBD) 27.5 - 32.5
                      Mains (TBD) 210 - 230ish
                      needle Y95 set on middle clip.

The tank SUZUKI stickers are actually sliver (showed up white in the pics).

Thanks for the compliments solo!!

Comment

My project hasn't gotten started yet but here is one of the Cosworths I'll be running when I get around to my frame up build.

I've got a set of Total Seal gapless rings for them, V&H modified grind cams, already running RS34s with a Yosh Duplex, and I have a 750 crank I'll have lightened. The head is fairly fresh and has been ported. I picked up a Works shock to go with the '95 GSXR front end with 954 clamps. I already have an '88 GSXR front end with GSXR wheels front and back on the bike. Just a few parts left to pick up.

Comment

I really like my HSR now that I have it sort of working. I need to go back and try and lean it out a bit more but the clutch is still a bigger problem.

You changed the needle and seat for the float then? With mine I could not run any pressure unitl I did this.

Comment

Here are some preliminary shots of the Busa swingarm fitment to my bare frame.

Grinding away on the frame....

Making sure it fits.........

......and the difference in pivot bolt size, nessecitating the bushing between the stock GS pivot (.625") and the stock busa pivot (.980")......

The bushing is at the machine shop as I write this. The owner said "$50.00, maybe less". I still need to locate, & weld in the top shock mount, and the forward lower linkage mount. These pic's show the rear battery tray bracket still in place, but that's now been ground off the frame to make way for the top shock support.

I'll update in the performance mods section as I get more pictures taken.

If there's anyone else out there who's done this particular mod, I'd love to hear from you. Especially if you're STILL DOING this mod.

Comment

Originally posted by spdjunkie
                              Here are some preliminary shots of the Busa swingarm fitment to my bare frame.

Grinding away on the frame....

Making sure it fits.........

......and the difference in pivot bolt size, nessecitating the bushing between the stock GS pivot (.625") and the stock busa pivot (.980")......

The bushing is at the machine shop as I write this. The owner said "$50.00, maybe less". I still need to locate, & weld in the top shock mount, and the forward lower linkage mount. These pic's show the rear battery tray bracket still in place, but that's now been ground off the frame to make way for the top shock support.

I'll update in the performance mods section as I get more pictures taken.

If there's anyone else out there who's done this particular mod, I'd love to hear from you. Especially if you're STILL DOING this mod.
                              I was going to adapt a '93 banana swingarm to my 700 so I could take advantage of newer shocks. I got lucky a week or two ago and spied a Works shock in the Parts For Sale section and got it before anyone else. My bike is already a Full Floater so I'll go with the Works shock for now and if I ever wear it out I'll either get it rebuilt or go ahead with the swingarm swap. I was going to have to do what you did grinding the frame and making up bushings. In my case my stock bushings would have worked for the transition by shortening them up a bit.

Comment

Some more pics from over the weekend.

Lecroy, yeah I changed the needle and seat and changed the fuel inlet on the carb from a 90 degree turn to a straight on feed.

Comment

Working...
                                X