No announcement yet.

Whats going on in your garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, time to dig in like the rest of you.....

Can you tell I switched to gasoline?

I bought this turbo last winter on eBay. Modified the castings and
    bolted it on. The previous owner had about 40,000 miles on it.

Rebuilding in kitchin, does your wife let you get away with this sort of thing? All new bearings, seals and gaskets.

Next to his big brother.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryman
      Originally posted by GER144
      SPDJUNKIE, what frame are you using with that Busa arm? Is it an 1100? If I remember correctly, when I was checking the fit of a Busa arm into my '81 1100E, it looked like the pivot part of the arm was going to hit the back of the engine cases? Have you checked this yet? I'm curious if you have room there as the Busa arm is way bigger at the OD of the pivot.

Kaptain Ketchup, cool turbo bike man! I am working (slowly) on a turbo GS (Katana) right now too.
      It comes real close to the cases. The best solution is to move the engine forward about 1/4". It's not too difficult to do, just make or modify the mounts.
      I just mic'd both swingarm pivot tubes, and the 'Busa is 1.900, and the stocker is 1.645 for a total difference of .255". That's a difference in clearance to the back of the lower case of only .1275" (just over 1/8th inch). That's not so bad.

Comment

By the way, that's an '83 frame.

Comment

Originally posted by spdjunkie
          SPDJUNKIE, what frame are you using with that Busa arm? Is it an 1100? If I remember correctly, when I was checking the fit of a Busa arm into my '81 1100E, it looked like the pivot part of the arm was going to hit the back of the engine cases? Have you checked this yet? I'm curious if you have room there as the Busa arm is way bigger at the OD of the pivot.

Kaptain Ketchup, cool turbo bike man! I am working (slowly) on a turbo GS (Katana) right now too.
          It comes real close to the cases. The best solution is to move the engine forward about 1/4". It's not too difficult to do, just make or modify the mounts.
          I just mic'd both swingarm pivot tubes, and the 'Busa is 1.900, and the stocker is 1.645 for a total difference of .255". That's a difference in clearance to the back of the lower case of only .1275" (just over 1/8th inch). That's not so bad.
          When I mounted my engine it just barely touched the swingarm. There may be some manufacturing tolerances to take into account, but don't be surprised if it's much closer than you anticipate.

Comment

I've done a bit of work on the Mighty Buffalo this weekend.
            I took my GSXR swingarm to Paul Walker of Street Rod fame and had him make up some shouldered bushings for the pivot. After a bit of massaging, the swingarm is mounted in the frame. Now I have to determine the shock mount position and the backend will be finished.

I also spent some time on the headlight and gauges this weekend. I think they look pretty good.

For more details, check here:

Comment

mine just sitting pretty waiting for some warmer weather here in
              Ohio.

Comment

tracy i too am from ohio, if you like we could hook up when the weather breaks im about an hour from fairborn. let me know if you are interested??? Paul

Comment

sounds good xdukex . where are you located exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by spdjunkie

When I mounted my engine it just barely touched the swingarm. There may be some manufacturing tolerances to take into account, but don't be surprised if it's much closer than you anticipate.
                    I know it'll still probably have to be moved forward (the engine), but it can't be more than 1/8" because if the stock arm clears, and there's only 1/8" difference, then logic dictates that no more movement will be neccessary. Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

Comment

tracy im in a litle town called frankfort. real close to chillicothe !!!!

Comment

The Mighty Buffalo....

I have been spending some time in the garage with the Buffalo as of late. I finally got the swingarm mounted in the frame and a few other little tidbits....

Take a look.....

Last edited by Guest; 01-27-2006, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Gs1100 Turbo

ATP turbo kit

Comment

Originally posted by checkerflag
                            ATP turbo kit
                            There just seems something wrong with painting a GS that color.

Comment

Frame of my GS550 has been refinished, and I am starting to put things back together!!! Battery box was just put in..gotta start somewhere.
                              The shop is a little messy right now.

Comment

Turbo Gs1100

here is a pic of my street bike . Cancel can't get pic small enough too fit . Will give It some more work
                                Last edited by Guest; 01-28-2006, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X