No announcement yet.

BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remember it is going atop this. It is a flatter black and the outer case covers are all gloss like the block and head.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

I've been lurking on this thread for a while. It reads like a cliffhanger...whats going to happen next!
      Katman that is an amazing job , I am always in awe of others that can see through all the adversity , and be so flexible on the approach.
      Just a thought before I go, turn this whole thread into a something you can print out for others . As a source of engineering knowledge and helpful hints and tips from all concerned it would help a bucket load of Katana modifiers out there. Good luck with it all , I'll disappear again and wait for the next episode of .......................................

KATMMMMMMMMAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!

cheers Michael

Comment

details, details.

for anyone who has rusty or ungly motormount nuts. The mount bolts that pass through from one side to the other of the engine.

I have a few ugly ones and found that there are two chrome head bolts under the cam cover that are the same size and look a lot better.

just a small thing but I hate those thin nuts. Tightened one up and the bolt broke through the end.

I am just keeping busy checking all the little things till the motor is done.

I think now I am going to make up a alum. catch can for the crank case breather tube. I am thinking of making it to replace the right side of the air box. Maybe make it the same shape to keep the cosmetic look but use the space.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I'm not going anywhere.....sorry detractors.

Thank's guys for ALLLLLLLl the PM's......and support....WOW.

Thanks Frank very much for the quick response. Now we can all take advantage of the benefits of this forum without reservation.

Originally posted by propflux01
          M-cycle forum, yes...But that is why there is a section called 'Off Topic".
          For those who don't know......there is an off topic section that is not in the list of forums. it is under "USERGROUPS" For those of us that had NO idea. but thanks for the constuctive input.

THIS DEAL IS DONE.

My motor should be done this week. I have been very busy at work and will be most of this week so won't have time to pick it up if it is...and wouldn't you know it I think I have to work Sat.

You better get a move on Hoomgar!!!!!!!! your number is almost up.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I decided not to use oem controls and throttle setup.

using 2004 sv1000 throttle and control. I like the seperate units and I needed a push/pull throttle for the rs flatslides. APE wanted about 70.00 for one and I got this one for almost nada. I just have to lengthen the the cables by 4 inches.

Some like to be true to stock but I love to marry old with new and make hybrids. That is my thing.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

When you are ready will there be ANY parts left fully stock?

Comment

Originally posted by katman
                My motor should be done this week. I have been very busy at work and will be most of this week so won't have time to pick it up if it is...and wouldn't you know it I think I have to work Sat.

You better get a move on Hoomgar!!!!!!!! your number is almost up.
                The game is afoot!

My engine is also slated to be completed this week

But I am burned out and lasy and nothing would make me happier than getting it done.... whenever.

I hope you beat me. Can I ride it when you get it done?

Oh, thx for staying

Comment

Originally posted by robinjo
                  I know for the purist I am butchering the bike but I have only made a couple minor changes:

ENGINE:
                  stage II cams, adj cam cogs, manual cam chain adj, wiseco 1166 kit, port/polish, Earl's oil cooler/S/S lines with anodized fittings, GS1150 oil filter cover, top end oiling kit with billet alum cam link S/S lines with anodized fittings, powder coated, mikuni 36mm RS Flatslides, APE oval pod filters, dyna ignition/coils/rev limiter, APE HD clutch basket, high output oil pump, welded crank, Pingel polished alum. dual feed fuel valve, S/S allen head bolt set complete, vance & hines chrome 4 into 1

FRAME:
                  braced and powder coated, underslung rear brake caliper conversion for brake arm mounting, 2004 sv1000 push/pull throttle

SUSPENSION:
                  92 gsxr 750 forks/wheels 180/55/17/clipons/triples, progressive rear shocks

DRIVE TRAIN:
                  530 red/blk EKchain conversion, vortex rear 49 tooth alum sprocket, anodized sprocket nuts, PFMR billet alum outboard bearing support kit with 17 tooth output cog,

BRAKES:
                  92 gsxr nissin's, EBC 320mm Pro Light anodized rotors with billet alum adapters for calipers, S/S lines with anodized fittings, 2004 sv1000 front master assembly

The left control is stock because I havent found another one I like better yet that will work. The paint/cosmetics are stock till I come up with a paint scheem I like. It will look unmistakenly like a katana just a little updated is allllll.

Other than a general clean up of rusty nuts and bolts the Pegs, frame, clocks, fairing, tank, cosmetics, seat, tail light, head light all stock looking.

I do think you can go to far to change a bike and for me it is doing a mono conversion, shortening the tail section/seat kind of thing. Some of those mods look wild but for me I like the stock lines. Although I do like the extended swingarm look.......

The RC TAIL LIGHT didn't work for me and I am still working on the cbr 929 triple instalation. That will be some futsing about but I really want to get that billet alum vortex drop top triple installed.

I don't know why it has taken so long to get this done???
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by katman
                    Originally posted by robinjo
                    I know for the purist I am butchering the bike but I have only made a couple minor changes:

ENGINE:
                    stage II cams, adj cam cogs, manual cam chain adj, wiseco 1166 kit, port/polish, Earl's oil cooler/S/S lines with anodized fittings, GS1150 oil filter cover, top end oiling kit with billet alum cam link S/S lines with anodized fittings, powder coated, mikuni 36mm RS Flatslides, APE oval pod filters, dyna ignition/coils/rev limiter, APE HD clutch basket, high output oil pump, welded crank, Pingel polished alum. dual feed fuel valve, S/S allen head bolt set complete, vance & hines chrome 4 into 1

FRAME:
                    braced and powder coated, underslung rear brake caliper conversion for brake arm mounting, 2004 sv1000 push/pull throttle

SUSPENSION:
                    92 gsxr 750 forks/wheels 180/55/17/clipons/triples, progressive rear shocks

DRIVE TRAIN:
                    530 red anodized EKchain conversion, vortex rear 49 tooth alum sprocket, anodized sprocket nuts, PFMR billet alum outboard bearing support kit with 17 tooth output cog,

BRAKES:
                    92 gsxr nissin's, EBC 320mm Pro Light anodized rotors with billet alum adapters for calipers, S/S lines with anodized fittings, 2004 sv1000 front master assembly

The left control is stock because I haven't found another one I like better yet that will work. The paint/cosmetics are stock till I come up with a paint scheme I like. It will look unmistakably like a katana just a little updated is allllll.

Other than a general clean up of rusty nuts and bolts the Pegs, frame, clocks, fairing, tank, cosmetics, seat, tail light, head light all stock looking.

I do think you can go to far to change a bike and for me it is doing a mono conversion, shortening the tail section/seat kind of thing. Some of those mods look wild but for me I like the stock lines. Although I do like the extended swingarm look.......

The RC TAIL LIGHT didn't work for me and I am still working on the cbr 929 triple installation. That will be some futsing about but I really want to get that billet alum vortex drop top triple installed.

I don't know why it has taken so long to get this done???
                    WOW!

I'm not a purist btw, none of my bikes are stock, I did one Restoration, my previous GS1000S but I found it too limiting. And that triple tree really is very nice.

Comment

I just finished the brake lines. I have posted a step by step how to here:

The main theme of this project has been WAITING. I have sent back two sets of banjo bolts and the right ones should be here tomorrow.

It is unbelievable how many problems there are ot fix and how long the R&D work is and waiting for parts that don't work and paying for parts that don't fit.

Don't get me wrong...I am having a blast
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

ooops
                        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

nuff said.
                          OK, but it would be good to see what you were speaking of... 8O

Maybe try that link again and we can all be enlightened.

Mark

Comment

Well, another week comes to an end and still no word from my builder......

Fortunately I have been too busy working to notice much. it has been a fast week. Since I am working non stop tomorrow and Sat it doesn't matter now this week. In fact this week would be a killer knowing it is done but I can't get it.......

Just venting some frustration........HOOMGAR....HOW IS YOUR'S COMING?
                            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I just finished installing my new brake lines. Filled/bled and tested for leaks.

Wrapped a bungy around the brake lever tight for 1/2hr. All good all dry.

One more little thing out of the way.

Waiting on an ignition from ebay. I have to find some plugs to graft gsxr ignition and kill switch into wiring harness. Lengthen the throttle cables and find some shocks.

There is no end to what there is to do. I still want to fab a crankcase catch can and I am waiting for the last of the parts to come in to see if this 929 triple is going to work.

I think I could spend another winter doing more on this beast if I don't watch it. Swing arm bracing, flat rear inner fender like the yosh 1135, dual led tail light, led signals, hid headlight....stop, stop....IT'S A DISEASE!!!!!

I sure love workin on bikes......
                              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I thought I would go with a real gravety fed fuel valve and do away with the problems of the stock valves..

Pingel dual feed to match the dual intakes on the flatslides. They come with a "T" connector but why? Gas is only 4.50 a gallon. Don't want them going hungry when it counts.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X