Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katman
    Originally posted by Hoomgar
    If your going to do another ground up restoration then why not just use that engine? You'll be rebuilding it any way then and it looks clean!

Let us know what you find if and when you get around to cracking it open.
    I'm not going to rebuild this motor. I don't have the money. it will be a sold as is.

I am thinking of just putting it together with the inverted forks and 180 wheel, smoothbores, new header, topend oiler, oil cooler, yosh cams and so forth and try to get 3500.00 for it.

it will need paint and some attention still but a real nice beginning for someone. I can't afford to build it bottom up like the one I am doing now. ebay deals have ripped me off to many times and I am tooooo far in the hole on this one......I need to recoup some capital............

the alternative is to part it out.
    Heard that. Since it is already all just parts maybe that is the way to go. You'll make more money back to fund future projects.

I need to know what I can sell to get more "time" for my future projects? That's my biggest issue right now.

Comment

Originally posted by sidd
      custom gauge cluster and computer (I also like electroncs)
      -sidd
      sounds real nice...I have been looking world wide for an oil pressure gauge (digital) that is a flat panel like the daytona oil temp gauges. Is this something you could help me with. I am at the point now where I am thinking I will have to make one or pay someone else to. They simply are not around. The only ones available are round car style. I have looked into avionics, motorcycle, marine...the works. Non exist any more.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
      Katman/Sidd,
      How about these?
      They're intended for homebuilt aircraft.

"Page 2" of the PDF file has a hole template.

Cheers,
      Ted

Comment

I am thinking of dressing up the lower fairing cowls what do you think??

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

I am thinking of dressing up the lower fairing cowls what do you think??

Very nice! Stylish. =D>

Comment

Gosh...I'm flattered!!!
            {Kidding}

I like the idea. And if you provide the artwork electronically, you can get custom stickers made at a sign shop, or some copy shops like Kinko's.

Ted

Comment

looks cool! I was thinking of doing something similar on my bike (gs-xR or something). The design on the right looks a lot cleaner.
              -sBs

Comment

it's official...

I have lost my mind completely

With the lag time I have had waiting for engine parts from the U.S. I have had a ocuple more idea's.

I have bought a quick change clutch cover and I am installing a site-glass into it and I just picked up rear caliper and hanger from a 93 gsxr banana arm. I am going to fab my swingarm to be torque linkless like the banana arm.

I picked up the caliper and hanger for a song. Hard to find those puppies. I have a really nice banana arm rear wheel which until recently I didn't know you can't use with a torque arm because it won't fit past the tire. The hubs are diff. The rotor is closer to center than a regular wheel. Who would have thought. I traded my first banana arm rear wheel for this one and it turned out to be one too.

I like the clean look without a torque arm but couldn't find the setup till now.
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

If you can get all that together I would love to see pics of that.

Comment

If you go to the track and start playing around with different springs and weights you going to love it. I had my cover off 4 times one night at the track and it didn't take to much time to make an adjustment.
                    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

here are some pics of the next project...maybe..there have been a couple of emails interested in taking it off my hands before I get a chance to get into it.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I sent back the quick release cover to APE. it was the first GEN cover and I found it for 40.00 cheaper at star racing for the same cover. IN fact they get it from APE. I tried to get them to match the price but they wouldn't.

Schnitz has them for 15.00 cheaper too with the oil cap which APE didn't and they are shipping it to me for free due to another matter. It is the second Gen which alows the removal of the clutch plates without removing the header or draining any oil.

I found some oil sight glasses so I will be boring into my new cover to install it so I can keep an eye on the oil level.

Looks like another trip to the powder coaters.
                        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I hear you on that one, they are not cheap. I found mine on ebay and it came with a clutch cable and lever assy. Saved over 100 bucks as compared to new.

Just pop off those six little screws and clutch cable to check the oil level
                          1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                          1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                          1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                          1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                          01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

I finally got the H*NDA triple mounted. Fits beeeaauutifulllly.

How does it look. I am very happy with it and think is ROCKS as well as functional giving me an extra inch of fork height. It was worth alllllll the work and grief and ebay mess.....now that it is done!

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Wow, that is sweet. That whole bike is going to be awesome. You gonna make it to the convention in AR next August? Because I really would like to see it.
                              Currently bikeless
                              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Very nice- keep the posts coming, Ed.

1983 GS750ED

Comment

Working...
                                X