No announcement yet.

BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my motor back from blasting. Now I am prepping it for powder coat.

the black stator cover is a n/g cover only there inplace of masking off. the first assult was with walnut shells to remove the black coat on engine than as second blast with alum oxide to give the surface the correct profile for the powder to adhere. Buddy runs 40,000 volts through the metal to permabond the powder. The only thing that will remove it is walnet shells.

I plugged very hole and still some media gets in but it's pretty clean. after the coating it is run through the dishwasher for a final cleaning and back together. It is very important to protect every thread hole or the media gets packed in and MAN! it is a job to get out and you have to chase every thead or the bolts will lock in and snap.

I am going with matt black for the cases this time with gloss blk case covers. They are already done.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

OK,

I did the right thing and bought a cooler from a fellow gs'r off on this site instead of the local store that cares nothing for what we try and do.

SO.....now I really need to find an 1150 filter cover?? Why are they so hard to find??
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

could'nt you have the 1100 cover modified by a welder to give you the bypass ramp you need?

Comment

Hey Don,

I don't know what the diff is....haven't seen one.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I forget where I saw it but someone here showed the difference between the 2 and the 1150 had a ramp on one side where the oil would divert from the engine to the cooler in equal amounts

Comment

Katman, get a hold of Mike Poulin in Montreal, there's a good chance he has the cover you're looking for. He can be reached at; suzugs1150@yahoo.fr
              Doze.

Comment

I forget where I saw it but someone here showed the difference between the 2 and the 1150 had a ramp on one side where the oil would divert from the engine to the cooler in equal amounts
                It doesn't divert in equal amounts. Try bikebandit.com, that is where I got mine.

Comment

Nice view of the cover differences among other things. Good Luck,Ed

1983 GS750ED

Comment

Scott Horner who used to post in the first iteration of GSR may be able to help on the filter cover. He has a shop in Las Vegas that builds performance engines. http://www.headsup.dragbikecentral.com/about.html

Comment

stymede again,

I was told the srad 750 lower triple would work with the 954 upper but nooooo. doesn't work. offset is still wrong. they are closer thant the 93's but not quite there.

thanks lad's for the lelp with the oil filter cover. Haven't found one yet though.
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Hey katman,

I happen to have an extra oil filter cover for an 1150.

Do you want it?

Email me with you address and I'll ship it out to you.

tgbisson@msn.com

Comment

oil filter troubles are over.

Thanks again Gerry.
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I just got my oil cooler and it had the oil adapter fitting for the back of the cylinders too but I already have one on my top end oiler so I will be selling it if anyone wants it give me a shout.
                            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

mounted the oil cooler today.

had to fab some mounting brackets. Looks good, I am glad I held out for the one that fits. Notice the anodized fittings?? It was an ebay purchase and it came with them and about 8feet of s/s line.

She is starting to come together and I am seeing the fruit of my endless labour.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

n/a
                                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X