No announcement yet.

BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep it moving bro, don't stop the momentum!

Rock on!

Comment

Dude, can I ask you what your $$$$ tally is for this so far? I mean, it looks like you have at least enough for a new 'Busa in what I've seen you've done so far...

Of course, I don't blame you. This bike will be way cooler than a Busa, exactly what you want- and a Kat to boot!
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I would like to mod a busa but that is BIG bucks. Maybe another day.

I started with a budget of 5,000.00 which was what I paid for my new one in 1982 but like so many times one thing leads to another and but I think I need this and well I might as well do that. Add in plenty of denile and you can double your budget in a hurry.

The overruns include the rs flatslides, ebc pro light rotors, outboard bearing support kit and the port and polish. billit triple, billit cam link and bracing the frame. Those alone were over 3 grand I was not going to spend. I also had to buy another head and some parts that didn't work out or fit. And then the Ohlin's .... not on the orig. list ...another grand.

They look nice though don't they....and work even better. Should have them in 2 months. coming from Sweden.

All in all I have had a ball putting it together and I am obviously completely out of control.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

I'd take the Kat any day over a Busa. Anyone can drop $10,000 and have one, you have a work of art. Press On, Ed
          1983 GS750ED

Comment

Originally posted by oldschoolGS
            I'd take the Kat any day over a Busa. Anyone can drop $10,000 and have one, you have a work of art. Press On, Ed
            1983 GS750ED
            Couldn't have said it better myself!

Comment

thanks to another thread I remembered I needed to get some 12.9 hardened bolts for my starter clutch so they don't sheer off and ruin my day. They are only a couple bucks so very good insurance.

My engine guy hasn't started reassembly yet but promises next week it will be done.

My chasis is done. Installed my speedo cable and just waiting for an ignition from ebay. Hope it shows up.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

great news...the shocks are coming in Black springs..

I got a hold of ohlins and they will switch the yellow springs for black which makes me very happy...don't like the yellow on my 'BEAST'

One drag is they don't offer diff lengths of shock. I wanted to get a 13.5" shock but they only come in standard 13.0. They do however have a height adj. which gives you 10mm more length.
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

MAN,,,

This makes me wish I had a steering wheel on my bike....

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Why not build a similar custom console sans steering wheel?

Comment

I finished mounting my clocks and ignition to the vortex triple. I didn't think I would get this done till sometime this winter but the solution come to me and it worked.

Now I just have to sort out the lower and the stem........urg

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Lookin good
                        Have you decided what your doing with the tail light yet?
                        I know you were kicking ideas around.
                        Just don't put any Honda parts on it

Comment

toooo late,

that is a cbr 954 triple. The tail light is still up in the air.
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

...Honda parts?... 8O

Whatever it takes.
                            Press On.

Ted

Comment

I'm an equal opertunity builder...If it is cool and faster I will put it on..

And that tripple is both.
                              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

That Vortex dropped upper clamp is beautiful...kinetic sculpture. Looks SWEET with the Kat gauge pod mounted to it - nice integration.
                                That's a great solution for using modern forks, typically shorter than the spindly OEM legs. I've been mulling that over lately...
                                Is that a 'catalog' item, or custom-order?

Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X