X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweeettt !!!...h.g.

Comment

Well,

I just bought a set of YOSH stage II cams.....nice .366 lift 250 duration. So I will be selling my new regrinds for 175.00 or using them in the other project. They are 326 lift intake and 295 lift ex. Just over a stage I grind.I ran into a dude in Missouri and he says has a lot of gs1000 stuff (2v) stuff if anyone needs any. He has one of Wes Cooley's actual race bikes. Not a replica. How cool is that. I think he said it was his 79 championship bike. Anyway he tells me he has lots of stuff.

Now I have to buy a set of new springs to go with my new cams. I also am picking up a set of fox shocks for my other project bike.

I got my lower triple back with the new stops in place. With the 954 triple I had to go out and buy yet another new speedo cable cause the first new one is now too short. But the front end is finally complete..or should I say complete again.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

I got a look at my engine today. first time I've seen it together since....I can't remember.

looks great but I am waiting on APE valve springs to go with the yosh cams. I thought I better not cheap out on them with the higher lifting cam or it could cost me big later. My builder is going to dial everything in on the dyno. Springs are expected Fri. so maybe next week.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

WooHoo!

Now are you keeping this one or are you going to sell it too?
          I figure it has been too much of a labor of love to get rid of
          this time

Comment

This one is a keeper.

it would take 12,000.00 to losen my grip on her.
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

That's what I wanted to hear

Comment

OOHHHH YEH,

springs will be in Friday, clutch dude called today and it will be shipped tomorrow so there is nothing stopping completion and install of engine next week, Dyno following week.

I know.....I've said that a couple dozen times already.
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

springs are at the shop and cams will be in by tuesday. Then I will take the chassis over to put the engine in, bring home and finish the odds and ends, carbs, lines, covers, header, ect. then back to shop for firing and tune check.....

Steering stops are all ground to speck and front end is finally complete. Ahead of sched. I didn't think I would have the 954 triple on till spring.

carbs are ready to go with 130 jets to start and new manifold rubbers.
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Just got an email from the guy I ordered my ohlins from. Sweded shipped the wrong shocks. 8 weeks I have been waiting now and buddy won't have them for another week. He got an email from Sweden noting the mistake. TIPICAL.....Can't bring me down.....Baby is almost done.

I had offered a dude 700.00 for his pair of FOX SHOX a few months back....Am I glad he declined or I would be choked now.
                    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Here they are. I got a couple controls, fairings, and stuff too.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Hey Katman, sounds like your project is coming along real nice! Let us know what kind of power your Kat makes after you dyno it.

Comment

Well yet ANOTHER glitch, The shocks won't fit with my 5.5 wheel. My chain is hitting the springs. The stock shocks have the springs higher so they don't interfere but no Joy with the Fox's.

So I have to sell them......I looked long and hard for these little gems....I am choked......
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I re-ordered the OHLINS and have picked up the final weak link item. This item will complete the suspension upgrades Making the beast able to run with the big boys.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

you are truely a mad man
                              :twisted:
                              -ryan
                              78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                              82 Kat 1000 Project
                              05 CRF450x
                              10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

I think I may have to check and see if that name is taken yet and change my handle.........
                                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X