No announcement yet.

BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See you went with Vortex. When I did my 520 conversion that's what I got. After about 6 months of use it's still shiny.

Comment

Actually Billy, that is a 525. I bought it thinking it was a 530. I am sure buddy listed it as a 530 but that's ebay.

I will be getting another 530 and selling that one for 50.00. it looks new.

I also picked up this little item (supertrap). A deal I couldn't pass up.

looks like I will be selling my Vance & Hines chome megaphone (brand new)

Which one to keep????? It is too easy to spend money on ebay. it's like gambling........here is the V&H pipe.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

for all of you looking for the almost impossible gsxr 1100 forks because of their length I have a solution. The 1100 forks are hard to find and usually more expensive than the 750's.

I have found that the 2002-4 CBR954 triples fit the early 90's forks. 50mm top and 54mm bottom triple. Although the bottom bearing is the same as our GS's the top is not. The R&D has proved to be alittle bit of a chanllenge to get these on but here it is.

1st. the 954 is a drop top triple so you gain over an inch of fork length making the 750's the same if not a litlle longer than the 1100's.
        2nd. you have to put in a early 90's steering stem which is the same size becasue the 954 stem is too long. That or have the 954 stem machined to fit.
        3rd. the lower triple needs to have the stops relocated.
        4th. the stem hole in the 954 top triple is a little larger than the gsxr stem so it has to be bushed.

Sounds like it's a lot but it is....lol guess that is why I haven't seen any around or been able to get any help on it. I think it is going to look very kool as well as giving me more fork length.

Oh yeh. and you have to figure out how to get clocks mounted if they mount to the triple becaue there is no mounting area's on the 954 triple.

look ahead for the pic.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I got my frame back and it looks killer. I decided to coat it dark blue. It looks black in the pic but in it is blue metalic. It is almost exactly the same color as my '84 dodge dakota. (patriot blue)

the head is being ported and won't be done for 4 weeks. should give me lots of time to sort out all the other little things. which are endless. I am trying to find a new throttle that has long enough cables to work. have an sv push/pull now but is too short. got to wire up the ducati kill switch, the clocks, top triple...man oh man the front end is killing me.

It is going to look killer once it is done and will be one of a kind.

oh yeh...don't look at the shocks.....I am working on that.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

You and Steve are killing me with your progress. I used to think mine looked decent until the two of you started bolting things together. Now I can see myself tearing mine down to the bones this winter. The wife will have you two guys to thank for that.

Comment

You and Steve are killing me with your progress. I used to think mine looked decent until the two of you started bolting things together. Now I can see myself tearing mine down to the bones this winter. The wife will have you two guys to thank for that.
              Don't go blaming us. After seeing your bike, Billy, the wheels started turning for me. I guess this is nothing but a vicious circle!

Looking good katman! I love those front rotors - sweet!

Comment

it's starting to come together................

I'm starting to sense a dejavu. but I am starting to get a little excited.

Here is where I stuffed the rev limiter. Figured it was a good spot since the ignition module was gone. The S ignition doesn't use one. That reminds me...I have to get some braid for the rear res.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Looking good Katman
                  I will call you about the upper triple your'e using.
                  I just did my swap today.
                  Mikey

Comment

any comments?

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Mmmm looks great,it looks like a R1 tail light would fit nicely in the tail section.You know the one with 2 round lenses.
                      There's so many neat things to be done.
                      Every time I look on your bike I get the urge to have have have!!!!!
                      Well seriously there's some pretty cool bikes here on the GS resources.
                      Mikey

Comment

That is coming along very nice- I have always liked the early Katana's with the exception of the large front wheel- you sure fixed that. Continue to keep us posted with pics. Ride On, Ed.
                        1983 GS750ED
                        2001 TL1000S (sold)

Comment

which taillamp assembly is that? dont see that style in my neck of the woods =P~

Comment

RC51 HONDA
                            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Lookin good k-man
                              I like that taillight despite my preference for stock lights.
                              Looks good.

Comment

Hi guys I was just over at katmans house and the bike looks really nice.
                                he's a wealth of information and has allready pointed me in the right directions with my fork swap.It turns out we have the same issue with the upper triple and it sounds like I've got the solution now.
                                Mikey

Comment

Working...
                                X