No announcement yet.

How fast is is your old GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He did say from the beginning that he was approximating. I won't hazard to guess at the accuracy of timing yourself while attempting 0-85 in five seconds.

What a weird measure, anyway. Why not go with 0-60 or 0-100?

Comment

DARN FAST.....

MY 82 GS1100E IS CURRENTLY RUNNING 9.20'S AT 152 MPH ON THE QUARTER....AND IT IS STREET LEGAL!!!!! THANK YOU A.P.E. PERFORMANCE AND N.O.S. :twisted:

Comment

Boldsword, all I've said to anger you is I don't believe the '91 Notchback, equipped as you say, will do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds.
        I don't know as much about Mustangs as you do, nor have I actually timed my '79 1000 with common mod's, but my bike quickly redlines at 60 in first gear/just hitting second and I have to believe it's right at or under 3 seconds. At least it feels that way. I remember from the late '70's/early'80's motorcycle mags that all the Japanese top guns ran right at or just under 3 seconds.
        In the past I've read a few test drives on various exotic sports cars and the quickest of them was very close to 3 seconds or a hair over if I remember correctly. None of these production exotics were quite as quick as the bikes. Not 0-60.
        My point is, the 0-60 reply had me immediately think to myself, "would that Notchback, as you described it, be dead even or even ahead of my 1000 at 3 seconds?" No, it wouldn't. So I don't believe it. That doesn't make me a bad guy or you either. It's a forum, so I just said what I believe. Please don't take it personal.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

There was a list posted on the GSR some months back of (if I remember correctly) 200+ currently manufactured cars worldwide with performance figures for them. There were very few that could accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 5 seconds or less.

Originally posted by UncleMike
          He did say from the beginning that he was approximating. I won't hazard to guess at the accuracy of timing yourself while attempting 0-85 in five seconds.

All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Phew!!! Sure am glad you stopped that hi-tech talk Earl.
            I was about to have an organism!
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

:-) :-)

E.

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
              Phew!!! Sure am glad you stopped that hi-tech talk Earl.
              I was about to have an organism!

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I have to apologize myself actually, I overreacted a bit, I had just gotten home from work and I was in "stress mode". It's just that I've talked on a lot of forums and had to deal with a lot a number throwing keyboard bashers who honestly don't know their ass from their elbows in real life (no I'm not insinuating any of you are lol)
                I'm in a much better mood, Just got home from seeing "40 year old virgin" that movie was hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike

Cuz my speedo only goes to 85 gahhhhhhhh! lol and I know when it hits it when I don't see the little white peg moving in my peripheral anymore, I'll be damned if I'm gonna try and look down at my speedo to see when I hit 60 8O

Comment

Allright! All friends again. Now could someone tell me how fast Earls lips can go in 3 seconds?
                    Does anyone have a lip-o-meter or a yakalyzer?

Comment

Boldsword, all I've said to anger you is I don't believe the '91 Notchback, equipped as you say, will do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds.
                      I don't know as much about Mustangs as you do, nor have I actually timed my '79 1000 with common mod's, but my bike quickly redlines at 60 in first gear/just hitting second and I have to believe it's right at or under 3 seconds. At least it feels that way. I remember from the late '70's/early'80's motorcycle mags that all the Japanese top guns ran right at or just under 3 seconds.
                      In the past I've read a few test drives on various exotic sports cars and the quickest of them was very close to 3 seconds or a hair over if I remember correctly. None of these production exotics were quite as quick as the bikes. Not 0-60.
                      My point is, the 0-60 reply had me immediately think to myself, "would that Notchback, as you described it, be dead even or even ahead of my 1000 at 3 seconds?" No, it wouldn't. So I don't believe it. That doesn't make me a bad guy or you either. It's a forum, so I just said what I believe. Please don't take it personal.
                      My mustang hit's 60 at the top of second, but you have to realize that with 4.10 gears I seldom use first(it maxes out at like 20 and is far to low to use with street tires unless conditions are just right) also in first gear going through rear gears the torque multiplication factor is a bit much, in first gear I'm hitting my tires with 4500lbs of torque(having more torque then the weight of your vehicle rocks), with slicks on the car it will actually wheelie in first (oh how I wish I had a picture of it) but my rear suspension is starting to rip out the the car, so I avoid that. I don't know how fast your bike is, so I couldn't say where we would stand, I don't know how my friends bike would compare but I race my buddies 84?honda v45 sabre 1100 whenever our paths cross and he has yet to show me his taillights, and his bike is his only transportation so it always well maintained..crap I gotta work on my network, I'll get back to this

Comment

LMAO. Uhhh, pm me if you want to borrow my Keithometer. I think it can be modified. :-)

e.

Allright! All friends again. Now could someone tell me how fast Earls lips can go in 3 seconds?

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
                          LMAO. Uhhh, pm me if you want to borrow my Keithometer. I think it can be modified. :-)

e.

Now what are you doing with a Keithometer Earl?? :? Trying to measure how wonderful you are? On mine, the darn scale doesn't go high enough.

Comment

It's gettin deep in here fellas

Comment

Candy, flowers and a shovel are in the mail dearie. :-) :-)

Earl

Now what are you doing with a Keithometer Earl?? :? Trying to measure how wonderful you are? On mine, the darn scale doesn't go high enough.

Comment

Sounds like it's time for a match up 8O

Lets go to the track and see who can get to the 330 mark first. I'll even buy the hotdogs 8)

I'll even bring my 65 Falcon with a little 302, 12-1, 10inch 3000 stall, Vic Jr heads, 8inch slicks, 4.10's and just a 275 shot of nitrous. The last time I took her to the track the bucket seat ripped through the floor board and I was looking at the head liner at the starting line.

Or I can bring my Harley and we can see who can get there the slow'est
                                1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                                1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                                1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                                1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                                01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Working...
                                X