No announcement yet.

How fast is is your old GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to try out my gtech on my bike, see if I can get some acceleration times, damn 85speedo is killing me as far as knowing how fast I'm going, after I shift out of second gear it is worthless to look at the speedo, it's just rammed at the peg, all I know is that it takes me about 5 seconds to hit 85, and I've only pushed it to about 11krpm in 4th b/c I don't like the look of my front tire and am not ready to die yet lol.
    82gs650glz, 36mm flatsides, baffles out of exhaust, no air filters, other little mods and 12000 original miles

Comment

0-85mph in five seconds on a shaft-driven 650?

I'd like to see it.

Comment

I'm going to try and rig up one of my cameras to record a short ride, more b/c I think it would be cool to have rather than try and prove anything, but then well shall be ab;e to get an accurate acceleration/time measurement, the 5 seconds was merely a guesstemation, but my mustang gets about that acceleration time, and as far as I can tell my bike is equal if not faster.

Comment

Well now you're really intriguing me. I'm a bit of a Mustang aficionado. In my family we've had a '66 convertible, a '68 fastback, an '85 GT w/ T-tops, an '86 SVO, a 2001 Bullitt and now a 2005 GT convertible.

The 2005 is by far the fastest and it goes 0-60 in 5.2 secs. It'll do 0-100 at 13.2.

I can't imagine what modifications you have on your 'stang regardless of the year or engine to get it to do 0-85 in five seconds. 0-60 is hard enough without tacking on an extra 25mph.

You don't by any change have the new supercharged Shelby Mustang, do you?

Comment

My honda will shut down your mustang any day :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
              Big deal... a bored out Hugo would take a Stang :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by wrench
                Originally posted by scotty
                Big deal... a bored out Hugo would take a Stang :twisted:
                gee John and i was feeling like one of ther big boys for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike
                  Well now you're really intriguing me. I'm a bit of a Mustang aficionado. In my family we've had a '66 convertible, a '68 fastback, an '85 GT w/ T-tops, an '86 SVO, a 2001 Bullitt and now a 2005 GT convertible.

The 2005 is by far the fastest and it goes 0-60 in 5.2 secs. It'll do 0-100 at 13.2.

I can't imagine what modifications you have on your 'stang regardless of the year or engine to get it to do 0-85 in five seconds. 0-60 is hard enough without tacking on an extra 25mph.

You don't by any change have the new supercharged Shelby Mustang, do you?
                  LOL, I guess the thought of a mustang that can do 0-170+mph in less than 7 seconds would surely give you an anuerism then eh? nah just busting your balls. My stang is a 1991 notchback, it weighs 2700 lbs and at the time that I could get that kind of acceleration I had a dyno verified 270rwhp, my car has absolutely no traction issues on street tires thanks to my being obsessive about controlling axle twist and weight transfer, it usually yielded me 0-60 times a less than 3 seconds, thanks to that ungodly traction, my 4:10 gears and so many many other mods, it will cover the quarter mile in around 12 seconds, and I still have stock heads and intake. The car is currently completely apart b/c I am mocking up a twin turbo setup for it. It doesn't really make any sense to compare stock acceleration times for a vehicle to one that is a complete unknown, hell I have a blown 460 in my bronco putting down well (well well well) over 500hp, and if I chose to slap that in my mustang then I could run 9's (before I shot suspension pieces all over the ground) :twisted:
                  Oh, and I've had a 66 coupe, an 87 vert, an 89 hatch, and 89 notch, my current 91 notch, and 87 hatch, an 88 vert, an 84 vert, 88notch, and an 85 hatch....oh yeah and a 96 and that's just the mustangs

Comment

Wow a lot of horses in that stable--very nice

Comment

mm, yes I do love my beasts, I need some more room though, like an airplane hangar or something...yes that would do nicely

Comment

Originally posted by Boldsword

mm, yes I do love my beasts, I need some more room though, like an airplane hangar or something...yes that would do nicely
                        if you have the coin go for it. it is wonderfull to be able to do things that some of us just dream about.

Want to race my honda for pinks????

Comment

I still don't believe 0-85 in 5 seconds until I see it,...

...from the Mustang or the 650. I've been to the drags many a time, and I've never seen that.

Comment

...from the Mustang or the 650. I've been to the drags many a time, and I've never seen that.
                            Not too sure about the 0-60 in less than 3 seconds either.
                            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Just by the numbers..................
                              2700 lbs of car accelerated by 270 rwhp will travel 1/4 mile in 12.54 seconds and cross the finish mark at 108.613 mph.

To complete 1/4 mile in less than 7 seconds with a 2700 lb car will require 1557 rwhp and the car will cross the finish line in 6.998 seconds at 194.71 mph.

To accelerate a 2700 lb car to 170 mph in 7 seconds will require 1035.29 rwhp.

I'm assuming no driver weight, no fuel weight and no drag for the above.

In comparison if we take a GS 850 and estimate bike weight at 550 lbs and rider weight at 150 lbs and rear wheel HP at 70 then the quarter mile time and speed will be 12.549 secs @ 108.613 mph. No fuel weight and not allowing for drag.

By quirk, the 270 hp stang and the GS850 have the same power loading, hence the same times.

Earl

[quote="Boldsword"]
                              I guess the thought of a mustang that can do 0-170+mph in less than 7 seconds would surely give you an anuerism then eh? nah just busting your balls. My stang is a 1991 notchback, it weighs 2700 lbs and at the time that I could get that kind of acceleration I had a dyno verified 270rwhp,
                              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE

Not too sure about the 0-60 in less than 3 seconds either.
                                I didn't even want to touch that.

Comment

Working...
                                X