How fast is is your old GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earlfor
    Hmmm 10 mph? Thats about the speed I ride downhill and backwards when getting the bike out of the garage. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by whodatpat
    I got mine up to 10 mph moving it into a neighbors garage before the huricane last year. I am almost done with getting her road worthy and hope to hit 30 or 40 this weekend!
    Patrick
    80 GS850G
    Firts time rider, first bike.

Comment

im not liscenced yet so all i've done is blast up and down the length of the hanger at work, top speed so far has been about 90km/h in 1st and just barely 100km/h in second before I have to hit the brakes

Comment

7000 RPM in 5th gear on my GS850GLZ. I think that's about 140 MPH.

Comment

GS Speed

I had my '78 GS1000 over 140 last fall. I regeared it and put on a Vance & Hines 4 into 1 exhaust on it and now I'm kind of scared to see what it can do

Comment

GS Speed

I had my '78 GS1000 over 140 last fall. I regeared it and put on a Vance & Hines 4 into 1 exhaust on it and now I'm kind of scared to see what it can do

Comment

How Fast

81 1100Ex, V&H 4into1 Megaphone, 530 chain conversion, Stage 1 DynaJet, Accel Coils. K&N filter in swiss cheesed stock airbox. About
              135 on Jersey Turnpike. Did the math from the Tach.

Comment

How Fast?

Had more in it but I got a little nervous. Too much wind resistance.

Comment

Hmmm, 85 Gs1150E, about 140 mph on any day. Good day with 45 mph tailwind, 115mph at about 1/4 to 1/3 throttle. Wasnt that curious. :-)

Earl
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Hmmm, 85 Gs1150E, about 140 mph on any day. Good day with 45 mph tailwind, 115mph at about 1/4 to 1/3 throttle. Wasnt that curious. :-)

Earl
                    Earl check your jetting , it must be terribly lean to be that slow! I have had my Tractor of the clock in top gear plus 1000rpm, BTW the speedo reads to 260 km/h(162mph)
                    Dink

Comment

I've never had my 1980 GS850GT over 78mph. That's fast enough to get around a truck on the interstate around here. I've had my Yamaha Venture much faster than that. It doesn't get wound up until you're over 85mph. Sounds like you're sitting on a turbine! Vee fours are cool!
                      Terry

Comment

Its been a while since I checked, but last time I did look, I was a tad on the rich side Uhh dink, I meant at 115 I was using 1/3 throttle and still had 2/3rd to go. :-) Conservatively, it will run 140+ in any state of tune.
                        I actually have a good turn of throttle left at that speed.

Earl

Originally posted by Dink

Earl
                        Earl check your jetting , it must be terribly lean to be that slow! I have had my Tractor of the clock in top gear plus 1000rpm, BTW the speedo reads to 260 km/h(162mph)
                        Dink
                        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I was forced to peg the needle the other day on the interstate with a Kenworth bearing down on me I didn't start to get any distance between him and me till I got to 80. I pegged it and did a little more. It had plenty left. I really don't want to see how much unless conditions are ideal.

Comment

fast , real fast

i had my gs 750 L up to 60mph the other day , i` really having problem with bogging down when i hit the gas , haha

Comment

Our old 1150 would run about 170 mph...only straight...
                              EULC ON

Comment

Stored my 83 GS650 for 10 years cause I FU@%' up and let someone else get on her..
                                Instruments hit Curb first... forks junk...

WELL loosened forks to replace... they straightened out.
                                2 2x4s, clamps, rebolted.

HIT 125 and not a shimmy in her.....

LOVE my GS

Comment

Working...
                                X