Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1980 Wes Cooley in the garage....finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiwi Canuck View Post
    Forgot to ask, are you sealing the tank after the treatment or is it OK just to leave as is?
    I was going to ask that question too. With my experience with pinholed, leaky tanks I'd really consider sealing it now before you get those pinholes and ruin that nice original paint. Maybe you can get an endo camera and look in the lower corners, that's where the problem will be.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Canuck View Post
      Forgot to ask, are you sealing the tank after the treatment or is it OK just to leave as is?
      From the advice I got from a motorcycle guy that has used it...he is three years in with a old Honda tank and no issues. And he said his tanks was very very rusty. That said..sandy...you make a good point too... maybe I will look at getting it coated.?.?
      No signature

Comment

Looking great. I dig the nod to the bikes history in the dealer tag that you left on the chainguard.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Just a few things done....

Nice new booties...

Mark working his Carb magic!!!

No signature

Comment

Awesome!

Alright, I'm signing off now...at 9:19pm.

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Holy cow, it that one of those 8 carb bikes??
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                Holy cow, it that one of those 8 carb bikes??
                Yep, all the cool kids have them!
                No signature

Comment

Dropped the oil pan tonight to clean out the filter screen....pretty clean...good sign I guess....I'm sure it's never been done.

No signature

Comment

Carbs back together....thanks Mark!
                    No signature

Comment

Well a little update....Carbs were leaking big time when we put them back in....Rob used his new can of Berryman's dip and it sorted it out.
                      Also the cam chain timing was out one pin....Rob fixed that too...

And Mark helped out yesterday with tuning the carbs....Sounds great!!! Now over the weekend I will get the other pieces back together..

Thanks so much to Mark and Rob....there is no way I could have done this on my own....I am in awe of their talent and willingness to help me.

No signature

Comment

Is that with the 33mm Mikuni smoothbores on the bike? The throttle response sounded pretty good, my 33's have a tendency to hang the revs.
                        IBA# 12860
                        Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                        1984 KZ1100R
                        2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                        2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
                          Is that with the 33mm Mikuni smoothbores on the bike? The throttle response sounded pretty good, my 33's have a tendency to hang the revs.
                          No Glenn, those are the stock carbs...yeah, the response is very good!
                          Btw...got your message and will call you shortly...
                          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            No Glenn, those are the stock carbs...yeah, the response is very good!
                            Btw...got your message and will call you shortly...

Ah-ha! I should have known when I saw the sync tool, you can't use a sync gauge with the 33's.
                            IBA# 12860
                            Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                            1984 KZ1100R
                            2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                            2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Coming....man this bike is going to look great!

No signature

Comment

Wow. Talk about a marathon rebuild. Looking great. Hope she serves you well.

Comment

Working...
                                X