Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoiler Alert: MotoGP (or any other race) thread for immediate disscussion of races.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
    Great video clip! Rinns and Mir with Honda. I wonder how Yamaha's new engine will work, they really needed another 10 HP minimum. They have the rider.

Well Dish Network, where I live, is finally covering WorldSBK again! Fun to watch street bikes racing.
    I live in the Northeast, and Dish isn't showing WorldSBK! What channel is carrying it in your area?

Comment

Brilliant 1st race day:
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Just got World SBK. It's showing on CBS!

Comment

MotoAmerica Superbike race, Road America

This is the best Midwestern track north of Barber Motorsport Park.
          It's been looking worn out, but they just got a new surfacing. Looks awesome smooth, for USA.

Warning: lot of promo and gabby on the mic. I had a better viewing experience after killing the sound.

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Not racing, but probably great training for racing.

https://youtu.be/6SXtaUQxsWk
            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Probably the best final duel I've seen, this season.

Comment

I agree. Last year's Suzuki exit with Rinn was the only race that is in league with this year's MOTOGP in Germany. IMHO

Comment

Watched Motogp @ now neutered cathedral of speed Assen on CNBC, not that exciting of a race, thou Binder is a hard charger..
                  Payed $12.99 to watch Moto America @ Ridge, my local track.
                  Lots of drama in qualifying & the races were exciting too, worth the entry fee.

Going there on Thursday for a 3rd track day, likely fun to be had.
                  GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Enjoy the ride!
                    Agree, Assen not a memorable race.
                    Marquez drama was more interesting.

Comment

Stefano Mesa turn 7 @ Ridge in supersport class, & he walked away.
                      They later said his ZX-6 frame was cracked in half.
                      Josh Herrin when down here too on the Panigale, gotta a little banged up, but both competed after.

Comment

Marc Marquez: What a warrior, taking so much punishment trying to win on a really bad bike; Watch rant by Keith Huewen beginning at 1:15.
                        Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 07-08-2023, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Back in the VHS days I really enjoyed listening to Julien Ryder & Keith Huewen commentate 500 GP.
                          It was exciting to hear the banter between the two. They were fully invested in the commentating of the race.
                          Way better by 10 bike lengths, then Bob Varsha or anyone else at the time.

A host mentioning "Jetting" in that time frame, clearly gets it .

Comment

Some drama in WSBK Race 2 @ Imola in the 3rd turn opening lap.
                            Watched more than this a couple of days ago, but apparently can't now.
                            For a guy dominating this series, this might be turning point for the riders behind in the championship.

Last edited by Carter Turk; 07-18-2023, 02:59 AM.

Comment

The track at Imola was so hot, they shortened the race. The tires looked like they were melting. It was an incredible race!

Comment

I did a couple 4th 'o July track days. Just way too hot.
                                Middle of the day, almost nobody was on the track. I poured water into my helmet, soaked the liner and put it on. Water was beading up on the inside of my screen with rivulets runny down. Hilarious.
                                No interest in doing a July track day again.

Comment

Working...
                                X