83 GS1100E Brake System Rebuild Kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 GS1100E Brake System Rebuild Kits?

Is there a single website to to source (front & back) caliper and master cylinder rebuild kits from…plus pads? Been searching but no one so far has everything.

If you are willing to use aftermarket parts, check seller "georgefix" on Ebay, he should have everything in one place.
    Ron
    When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
    1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
    1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
    1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
    1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Brakecrafters is a good source. I'd use OEM parts for things like pistons, and seals, though, if still available. And don't forget to change the brake lines. I prefer making your own from Earl's parts, but there are premade options as well.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
        Brakecrafters is a good source. I'd use OEM parts for things like pistons, and seals, though, if still available. And don't forget to change the brake lines. I prefer making your own from Earl's parts, but there are premade options as well.
        Brakecrafters doesn’t carry the rear caliper rebuild kit or the front master cylinder. Looks like I will need to order from multiple sites.

Comment

Trying to source a front master cylinder rebuild for my 82 GS1100E. Cant find any oem suzuki parts for master cylinder. Ordered an aftermarket kit from my local dealer and the diameter of seal and "plunger" is too small even though it is listed for 81-83 1100E. Still looking for new kit or oem master cylinder. Let me know what you find.

Comment

I’m stumped too. I ordered an All Ballz kit and it wasn’t even close to what the OEM cam with. I think I might just replace the whole master cylinder with an aftermarket piece.

Comment

Originally posted by UScrosser View Post
              Trying to source a front master cylinder rebuild for my 82 GS1100E. Cant find any oem suzuki parts for master cylinder. Ordered an aftermarket kit from my local dealer and the diameter of seal and "plunger" is too small even though it is listed for 81-83 1100E. Still looking for new kit or oem master cylinder. Let me know what you find.
              Ummm... it's showing as available from Suzuki...? (1982 1100E)
              Shop online for OEM Front Master Cylinder parts that fit your 1982 Suzuki GS1100E, search all our OEM Parts or call at 800-595-4063

PISTON & CUP SET
              59600-49831

The rear master kit is also available, as is the rear piston & pad set. The front caliper set is NLA, unfortunately, but the primary seal is at least available.

The aftermarket "rebuild" kits are universally garbage, a very last resort to be tried only when OEM is NLA.

One very common source of confuzzlement is some past owner who bolted on a master cylinder from some other Japanese brand bike.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

samelak, I got one of those All Balls kits for my "83" 1100E front, a few yrs ago. Some of the parts fit and others did not.
                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Thanks Bwringer, but both of these links show the parts listing but none are available to order when you go to the links.

"Ummm... it's showing as available from Suzuki...? (1982 1100E)"

This is just the factory parts fiche, if the parts were available the price and "qty" buttons would be live to put in your cart.
                  https://www.onlinecycleparts.com/oem...aster-cylinder

PISTON & CUP SET
                  59600-49831
                  (this link says "not available")

I ordered an aftermarket master cylinder. It would function but is not correct in several ways. The brake light switch requires rewiring, the "new cylinder has a mirror mount that is redundant because the factory unit has the mirror mounted on the bracket, not on the cylinder. It came with a rebuild kit but the piston/cup assy is too small for oem cylinder.

Restoring my GS to factory stock and want to keep the correct cylinder, Would buy a new OEM part if I could find it.​

Comment

My master cylinder corroded pretty bad and lots of the pieces deteriorated. Instead of messing with this one, I’m going to give a 01 SV650 N MC a shot. Plus all the rebuild parts are available.

Comment

Originally posted by UScrosser View Post
                      Thanks Bwringer, but both of these links show the parts listing but none are available to order when you go to the links.

"Ummm... it's showing as available from Suzuki...? (1982 1100E)"

This is just the factory parts fiche, if the parts were available the price and "qty" buttons would be live to put in your cart.
                      https://www.onlinecycleparts.com/oem...aster-cylinder

PISTON & CUP SET
                      59600-49831
                      (this link says "not available")

I ordered an aftermarket master cylinder. It would function but is not correct in several ways. The brake light switch requires rewiring, the "new cylinder has a mirror mount that is redundant because the factory unit has the mirror mounted on the bracket, not on the cylinder. It came with a rebuild kit but the piston/cup assy is too small for oem cylinder.

Restoring my GS to factory stock and want to keep the correct cylinder, Would buy a new OEM part if I could find it.​

Well dang -- these were in fact showing as available and order-able when I posted that link a few days ago. I swear, really, honest.

Another tactic is to search for the OEM part numbers (if the number has been superceded, punch in the original and the new) on fleaBay and see what you get. Sometimes you can score NOS parts from one of the businesses that bought out Suzuki parts inventories.

And sometimes you get old busted stuff that some long-past idjit put back into the box and placed onto the shelf. So make sure it's new, and still in the sealed packaging.
                      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by Samelak View Post

Brakecrafters doesn’t carry the rear caliper rebuild kit or the front master cylinder. Looks like I will need to order from multiple sites.

Brakecrafters carries the top brake brands for all motorcycle makes/models. We are an authorized EBC retailer. Free USPS shipping on all US orders $25+.
                        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                        82 Kat 1000 Project
                        05 CRF450x
                        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
                        X