• This forum allows conversation on non-controversial topics, therefore no politics or religion. "The Campfire" is an area meant for casual, civil discussions. Deliberate anti-social activity including personal insults, profanity, pornography, racism, threats and purposely inflammatory posts may result in suspension of forum access or possibly a permanent ban from GSR.

    The words insight and incite are pronounced the same. But one of them will get you banned and the other will not. Before hitting the Submit button be certain which of the two better describes your post.

  • Required reading for all forum users!!!

    Welcome!
    Register to access the full functionality of the GSResources forum. Until you register and activate your account you will not have full forum access, nor will you be able to post or reply to messages.

    A note to new registrants...
    All new forum registrations must be activated via email before you have full access to the forum.

    A Special Note about Email accounts!
    DO NOT SIGN UP USING hotmail, outlook, gmx, sbcglobal, att, bellsouth or email.com. They delete our forum signup emails.

    A note to old forum members...
    I receive numerous requests from people who can no longer log in because their accounts were deleted. As mentioned in the forum FAQ, user accounts are deleted if you haven't logged in for the past 6 months. If you can't log in, then create a new forum account. If you don't get an error message, then check your email account for an activation message. If you get a message stating that the email address is already in use, then your account still exists so follow the instructions in the forum FAQ for resetting your password.

    Have you forgotten your password or have a new email address? Then read the forum FAQ for details on how to reset it.

    Any email requests for "can't log in anymore" problems or "lost my password" problems will be deleted. Read the forum FAQ and follow the instructions there - that's what we have one for...

  • Returning Visitors

    If you are a returning visitor who never received your confirmation email, then odds are your email provider is blockinig emails from our server. The only thing that can be done to get around this is you will have to try creating another forum account using an email address from another domain.

    If you are a returning visitor to the forum and can't log in using your old forum name and password but used to be able to then chances are your account is deleted. Purges of the databases are done regularly. You will have to create a new forum account and you should be all set.

Just spotted at The Tail of the Dragon

My opinion, prettiest bike ever made was the "85" GS1150 "E" in pearl cool white and candy alpine blue. Finally got me one, pristine, lo mil., all orig. but it just didn't fit me as well as a GS1100 or GS1000. Finally sold it to a GSR member, thinking user name was Heads bikes and mopars... Haven't heard from him for a while... Dang that bike looked good.
 
Best of the GS for what I do and they fit me well. Just waiting for another right one to come up for sale near me. The styling is bit chunky but not bad (sort of like an 84 Corvette) but the suspension/tires/brakes/engine all work pretty well. I've had 3 so far. Most annoying problems I've had are pretty minor, dealing with bodywork tabs and the mirrors folding back at speeds above 100MPH.
You don't need mirrors at that speed anyway.

I like the look, very 80's, makes me think about my dad's GSX1100F, looks like the successor to this model, but 90's style.
 
Best of the GS for what I do and they fit me well. Just waiting for another right one to come up for sale near me. The styling is bit chunky but not bad (sort of like an 84 Corvette) but the suspension/tires/brakes/engine all work pretty well. I've had 3 so far. Most annoying problems I've had are pretty minor, dealing with bodywork tabs and the mirrors folding back at speeds above 100MPH.
I enjoyed mine, and it was far superior to several other bikes that I enjoyed more (the XS11, the VF1000R, etc.). It just didn't trip any emotional switches in me.
 
Great bikes, always liked them and nice to see one being used. However I can't think of how it could be properly used on the Dragon with that silly drag pipe limiting the ground clearance.
 
Enjoyed an XS11 more than a GS1150??? Well guess I've heard stranger things... It's simple Sandy, you'd learn quite quick. Careful in the righties, then make up for it in the lefties.
 
Back
Top