I removed the:

-tank
      -seat
      -fender
      -fairing
      -rear cowl
      -side covers
      -plastic seat trim

to prepare them for there cross country trip.

Next up will be the removal of the gauges to replace replace the broken glass panel and clean them up a bit.

Comment

nice 1100E

Not a bad 750E and those original pipes look pretty solid from here. The original clear on these things gives up so easy I'm thinking the paint looks great considering. Any plans to put the right front fender on it or re-paint?

Comment

Started to get the Ikon progressive fork springs in...
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Still not on the road,
            BUT:

Got the shocks mounted, got the new chain on, got covers and stuff on, light works, all I need to do tomorrow morning is to fix the rear brake and align the wheel, and off we go! Yay!

I have a feeling I will be going to Kongsberg again next weekend. That's 600 km each way. Now with all this new stuff on it that should be an improvement on last time.

Comment

Cleaned on the cylinder some and removed valve shims from 2 extra heads that I have. Going real slow but should start picking up the pace now that the weather is cooling down.

Comment

Finished the build on a 78 750 motor for a customer yesterday & today. It's got some Yosh 12 to 1, 3mm bigger pistons, bigger valves, & I ported the head. All new rings, seals & gaskets & manifold orings. He now is looking for a set of 28mm, VMs from a 1000 if anyone has a good set for sale. A set needing rebuilding would be best as long as they are undamaged. It should be a pretty healthy motor. Many thanks to my buddy, GregB, for his help with getting the block installed! I HATE small bore engines that have NO chamfer on the bottoms of the cylinders!!! Ray.

Comment

Installed new valve cover gasket on Kat and removed entire front braking system for rebuild (after reading of recent driveway crash and Uncle Nessism's advice re flushing brake systems that have sat for a long time!)

Comment

Had to re-do the paint work that mother nature botched for me yesterday. Still need to sand out some runs, but it is much better than before.

Bad boys wear white AFTER Labor Day.

Comment

Another small adjustment on my bike today. Replaced my horn and installed a relay and inline fuse as outlined in BikeCliffs site. Easy job, didn't take but a few minutes once I got all my pieces and parts together. But I went from beat up and non working to new and working horn. I'm completely new to any sort of mechanical stuff so I'm working on the little things and moving up. Thw small victories build my confidence for the bigger battles. ie Carbs.

Comment

Worked on KLR250 (That) and accomplished This. Kawasaki bites hand/finger that cares/feeds it.
                        Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2012, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Damn my Kawi never did that to me. sux

Comment

OK, the 750 is back on the road.
                            Only did a short spin around the block yet, but it seems a LOT tighter.
                            Without doubt I will do the long trip to Kongsberg this coming weekend.

I didn't like the very hard action of the rear brake piston, so I might try to get a rebuild kit and fix that first, but I am not too worried. I don't use the rear brake much for stopping, it's mostly for staying stopped...
                            On the other hand, I don't want it to seize, so I'll ask my parts pusher if he's got something.

But we're back out there in the rain. :yay:
                            Off to work.

edit: rear brake may need rebuild. It's now out of commission.
                            Add oil/filter change.
                            Last edited by Guest; 09-06-2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

MisterCinders, lovin' that bike.

I finished up getting the Ikon fork springs in tonight, so Ikons front and rear now

If only it was somewhere near to being on the road so I could get out for a ride
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

979roadrunner "bloodty"right for sure sux,respect Kawa even more now, (always did,always) she a favorite,takes me on many journey on hidden paths and always...back home thus far,good little burro.
                                Last edited by Guest; 09-06-2011, 10:12 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X