No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'll take 600 dollars from him to haul that thing away. That's a fair deal.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
      Another "I'm in WAY over my head" masterpiece... Who could resist with that stunning picture??
      He probably needs to ask his Mom where all the parts are and look through the backyard for the frame.
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

How can it be half done when it needs to be completely taken apart again to finish it??
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Another chopped up frame destined for the scrap yard because I can't find the title or never had one and I started a project I can't finish. So many dreamers....need to wake up!

Comment

One of the oddest things about these GS "chopper" jobs is the simple fact that any gs engine has that snappy , high rpm , racing sound. It totally contradicts the chopper look. sort of like thinking you are drinking Pepsi but its actually root beer in the glass. It does not register right in the brain.... GS engines are performance designed, more of a reeeer reeeer verrrrr verrrr sound,not a bub bub bub grumble grumble.lol
            I am glad I left my 1100 stock aside from cosmetic stuff, no cutting or hacking. I am having a hard enough time finishing it without going that far.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, choppers, bobbers, cafe, are fine when done right, but just to destroy a bike, being in way over your head, or even if you could finish it and get bored thats just a waste. Sorry, but can't wrap my mind around street fighters or rat bikes when they say it's supposed to look like sh%%! Laying a bike down is not supposed to be the norm.

Comment

only $300, what a deal

Comment

That one would be side-splitting funny if it was made for something other than his kid...seriously, bicycle forks?
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                    Looks good to me.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                      That one would be side-splitting funny if it was made for something other than his kid...seriously, bicycle forks?
                      I'm still laughing, it's nice to have one so funny instead of just sad, I laughed for 5 minutes before I could post it.

Comment

Not a funny but;

Man, I wish I had an extra 1600 laying around This would fit righti n with my '82 450 L. That green can go though.

1982 GS Suzuki 1100 L This is a shaft drive bike that used to have a fairing on it, which I removed and added a conventional headlight, signals and horn. NEWLY INSPECTED with a new tire in front, back tire is good. New battery. Added a 4 in 1 header and jetted the carbs, painted the bike and now here it is for sale. 33,000 miles, runs good, will soon need a clutch, If you crank on it too hard the clutch will slip. It's a heavy old school bike and I don't recommend it for a beginner or a lightweight and you should have a working knowledge on GS's. It will save you money working on your own stuff, especially these older bikes. Right now it's good and ready to go to a new owner as I bought a newer model. I'm not interested in trades or low ball numbers. No free rides. Come with cash in hand. Will not hold it for anyone! Clear title in hand! $1650.00 717-572-0939

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                          Gotta give the seller SOME credit, must have really large ones to publicly advertise it as a 'chopper'

Comment

Originally posted by Chrkut View Post
                            Man, I wish I had an extra 1600 laying around This would fit righti n with my '82 450 L. That green can go though.

1982 GS Suzuki 1100 L This is a shaft drive bike that used to have a fairing on it, which I removed and added a conventional headlight, signals and horn. NEWLY INSPECTED with a new tire in front, back tire is good. New battery. Added a 4 in 1 header and jetted the carbs, painted the bike and now here it is for sale. 33,000 miles, runs good, will soon need a clutch, If you crank on it too hard the clutch will slip. It's a heavy old school bike and I don't recommend it for a beginner or a lightweight and you should have a working knowledge on GS's. It will save you money working on your own stuff, especially these older bikes. Right now it's good and ready to go to a new owner as I bought a newer model. I'm not interested in trades or low ball numbers. No free rides. Come with cash in hand. Will not hold it for anyone! Clear title in hand! $1650.00 717-572-0939
                            OR it's got the wrong oil in it - although you wouldn't think so, given the apparent knowledge of GS's.

Nice 'mod' on the sidewinder, to clear the brake pedal...

Comment

Originally posted by Chirkut View Post
                              Man, I wish I had an extra 1600 laying around This would fit right in with my '82 450 L. That green can go though.

Yeah, as wisgolfer59 eluded to, the clutch is probably fine, wrong engine oil, and/or weak clutch springs, or just plain adjusted improperly. A tad high priced, but not a bad condition bike.

Comment

Hahahaha, he can't be serious

Comment

Working...
                                X