Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a dope, that's an E, not an L.

Originally posted by laserred97gt View Post
    Local ad. Check out the link to the Youtube video. This is what he pasts to try and sell it? Idiot...

great little bike...i have had this bike for 2 years last year it was ruining great now this summer it wont start my unkle bought this bike in 82 brand new and gave it to me. This is a great little beginner bike. Im sure with a little time this bike could be running again. if you like the bike text me i dont read my emails 847-770-9987 http://youtu.be/ZPR1fZ1v0xA and heres a video of it runing before i had it painted. sell or trade for a diffent bike

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Comment

Here is my email conversation with him...not sure if I overstepped, but in my experience the majority CL sellers in Vancouver/Victoria/Lower Mainland are just so freakin' unrealistic about the value of goods. His response is in blue

It is in fully running condition. The work it needs is minor.

So THIS is worth 3k?

> Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 23:44:00 -0500
      > From: info@usedeverywhere.com
      > To: lmcintyre144@hotmail.com
      > Subject: UsedVictoria.com: Buyers Question - 1980 Honda CB650/4
      >
      > derrickbmlsc99@yahoo.com says: Dude,
      >
      > you are out of your mind if you think someone is going to give you $3000.00 for your CB.
      >
      > Maybe, and a BIG maybe if it was in fully running condition, with no work needed. You are trying to sell off a project bike in which you lost interest.
      >
      > I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but you are going to have a really hard time selling your bike at that price. If you want to sell it before winter sets in and you start running into problems with winterizing it for storage, you should probably have another look around to see what a more appropriate selling price. If it sits in that condition over the winter, you are going to have a lot more work to do on it in the spring
      >
      > Your ad: http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...B6504_15712431
      > Edit your ad (including removing it by setting the Status to SOLD):
      > http://www.usedvictoria.com/FormInse...ad_id=15712431
      > All your ads: http://www.usedvictoria.com/MyAdsById/15712431
      >
      > This person is responding to your ad on UsedVictoria.com. Your email address has not been revealed to them. However, if you do reply to this message, this person will then learn your email address and will then correspond with you directly. Thank you for using UsedVictoria.com.
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

RV having fun yet?

Not MC related, but too good to push (er, pass) up.

WANTED 36-40ft diesel pusser (lakeside-marblehead)

1982 GS1100GL Citrus County, FL

a rare outsider and was only built until 1983. Who still has one, it gives her so little.

Comment

What?

Does anyone have a Beatry miligs?

If so, this bike is for you!

Comment

she looks like she is in so much pain.

Comment

Originally posted by JCSkokos View Post
              http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...599271741.html

she looks like she is in so much pain.
              Not as much as anybody trying to ride it

Comment

1978 Suzuki GS 750. Please call with any questions. RUNS GREAT! STARTS GREAT! So much was done to this bike. Please call if you have any questions. $4100 or make an offer! Please call Jason at 314-four three five-1511. Thanks!

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Comment

4100 bucks? For a bike that exudes Jokerism? This clown (it is a clown bike, afterall) has got to be full of himself.

Comment

Well then....it should be fine, right!

Because grass is nice and soft?

Motorcycle Helmet - $20

Date: 2011-09-15, 2:44PM CDT
                    Reply to: sale-uhkxa-2565431278@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

very few scratches. never been crashed on pavement only in grass. Was used with a dirt bike.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Comment

$4000 - 1979 Yamaha XS 750 Standard

Frame up restoration - everything completely redone. Comes with extra motor for parts. Zero kilometers since restoration. Will qualify for collector plates. $4,000 OBO. Must sell for health reasons.

zoom
                      Probaly how much he spent,but is it worth $4000?

Comment

NADA excellent is less than half that:

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                        $4000 - 1979 Yamaha XS 750 Standard

Frame up restoration - everything completely redone. Comes with extra motor for parts. Zero kilometers since restoration. Will qualify for collector plates. $4,000 OBO. Must sell for health reasons.

zoom
                        Probaly how much he spent,but is it worth $4000?

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
                          NADA excellent is less than half that:

http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycle...-TRIPLE/Values
                          fukk no, it's not even worth half that. I own a pair of xs850's and the local shop owner told me to tie them together and throw them in the river because they're obsolete POS's. I half agree with him

Comment

Had one of these - bought it for nothing, sold it for $500. The buyer paid too much. Decent bike but the GS's are far more stable.
                            Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

Working...
                            X