anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13T instead of....?

I was thinking that Sprocket Mountain must be named after, maybe, Ol' man Ebeneezer Sprocket.
    Oh.... okay, I see.

Interesting road.

Intersting vidio, although speedo blocks view of the road.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

15 Tooth (Stock).

I made the video to capture how a TU does with a -2 front sprocket... Did pretty well. Not bad for a 250cc single!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I see where people go up 1 for better highway revs. Is the sppeedo drive off of the front wheel?

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
          I see where people go up 1 for better highway revs. Is the sppeedo drive off of the front wheel?
          Yup, gear driven off front wheel.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Jedz, ever ride up the twisty end of the road to Mt. Greylock? A video of that would be cool.

Comment

I avoid Massachusetts like the plague...
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

it's become my custom to ride to niagara falls at this time of year to do some bikin and hikin. this time i went north a bit then turned west planning to come out somewhere north of the falls and explore more of the niagara river gorge.

another gsr member from the area had posted this culvert near medina, ny where the erie canal goes over the road. i decided to find it and, without the help of maps or anything, zeroed in on it. had to rev the motor while in the tunnel of course.

here's the canal. the culvert is directly below the information plaque. weird.

i got to the river near the niagara power project which is a huge and amazing engineering feat worth it's own post. maybe next time.

here is the length of river i hiked. started south on the trail at the top of the cliffs then down into the gorge to loop back to the beginning. lots of stairs to climb.

i watched the whirlpool jet boat toy with this part of the rapids. i've gotta ride that boat someday, that looks like fun.

this is that same spot from down in the gorge. pretty rough.

then back to the top. i was a little winded i gotta admit. i'd been standing on the rocks in the lower left of the pic about ten minutes earlier.

the ride home was exhilarating. south from niagara falls, over the grand island bridges, and through downtown buffalo. traffic was stopped up pretty good. i decided to do this "lane splitting" i'd heard of. did it for about 5 miles. i even passed at least one cop. raced a guy on a victory for a while too. home alive, great ride.
                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Excellent report Eli!! Thanks for sharing...
                  No signature

Comment

Great pics, thanks.
                    1978 GS1000E
                    1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
                    1981 GS1100E
                    1982 GS1100E
                    1982 GS1000SZ
                    1983 GS1100ED
                    1983 GS1100ESD
                    1978 Honda CB750K
                    1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

Eli, Thanks a bunch for the pictures. Its been 40 years since I've been through your area and these shots make me want to hurry back. cg
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Went for a short ride before work. It's starting to get cool with just my mesh gear.
                        1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Out hitting the dirt

Vancouver Island is truly meant for a dual sport.
                          Rob
                          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Rode to work a couple days in last couple weeks (but no pictures). Seem to ride to work more in fall than do in summer.

Had an other before-sunrise-ride this morning (Saturday) on ride out to breakfast.
                            Went early to make for more of a ride.

More pic in Storys "Sunrize" LINK

Last edited by Redman; 10-10-2016, 06:36 AM. Reason: link

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

And, and late afternoon ride (50 degF is warm enough, eh)

Maybe will have to finally admit that ".... t'aint summer no mo' .... "
                              Starting to see some fall color, here at a place that have posted pics before

After that I sett off and followed my front fender out into parts of I seldom go to.
                              Farmland, flat and mostly straight roads.
                              But saw this off in the distance, that have seen from afar many times, out in middle of farmland,
                              Wandered around to find a way up next to it.

Sign on fence said about FAA and used for safety of air traffic (and penalties for tampering).

Ah, I quess this all is something for keeping track of tkent02.

And somehow, I got the idea, that I should not try to get in there.

Last edited by Redman; 10-09-2016, 01:39 PM. Reason: spulling

Comment

Then went about riding around somewhat aimlessly....
                                ... at each intersection deciding which way to go....
                                .... and ran out of pavement ... bbut was good hardpack and smooth, so continued on

found a road hazard that have not had to deal with before

Walnuts

and found some interesting places

Comment

Working...
                                X