No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been unseasonably dry here in the NW, highs 50-ish and maybe no rain for another 2 weeks. Went to take the C14 out today but it wouldn't start. Stupid Lithium battery.... GS is too far buried, and the other 2 have moved to the new house. First world problems. Spent the day painting a bathroom.
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
      I like the bubble face shield, I have a helmet with a bubble shield too.
      Yeah, it will keep the bugs and pebbles off your face, but if your face hits the ground at any speed, it'll give you a few milliseconds of protection.

Comment

Boriqua that's some pretty cool scenery, gotta go a long way out here before you'd see anything like that, but then it's completely different too. It's all red dust and bush then desert I'm led to believe (haven't seen it personally), and we're short on the cactii...
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
          I like the bubble face shield, I have a helmet with a bubble shield too.
          Biltwell Rootbeer metal flake with Mirror chrome bubble. If you are going to pimp .. pimp damnit!

Getting past the looks though .. oh what a comfortable helmet and the bubble lets just enough air through to feel awesome but blocks turbulence I had with just glasses. I freagin love this combo!! I have actually taken to wearing a helmet every time I go out after getting this setup.

Comment

Went Christmas decoration hunting this afternoon...

... and couldn't resist this bit of Canada's west coast style.
            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Nice shots Dave!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I got some shots from my attempt to ride Saturday... Thwarted by a nasty snow squall that moved in and dropped a couple inches fast... Love riding in the snow on ZR tires...

Not snowing on lake Dunmore... it was a bout 1.5 miles of clear then back into the white out...

50 Miles on Saturday... Yesterday the temps never broke double digits... Winter has moved into Vermont fast and furiously. Riding season is over .

... I'll still keep trying
                Last edited by Jedz123; 12-18-2017, 08:39 AM.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

You need one of these http://www.timbersled.com/en-us

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    .. Yesterday the temps never broke double digits... Winter has moved into Vermont fast and furiously. Riding season is over .

... I'll still keep trying
                    Great photos Jedz! Wow, you guys make me feel like a total wuss when it comes to winter riding, because I stop riding when temperature here gets down to 60°F ! Lowest daytime temperatures we get in winter is about 50°F and 40°F at night. NEVER get any of that white stuff that is so abundant in your photos!
                    1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Originally posted by 2BRacing View Post
                      Great photos Jedz! Wow, you guys make me feel like a total wuss when it comes to winter riding, because I stop riding when temperature here gets down to 60°F ! Lowest daytime temperatures we get in winter is about 50°F and 40°F at night. NEVER get any of that white stuff that is so abundant in your photos!
                      It's nice to have for Christmas for sure... But other then that It can stay above the Arctic circle...

Thanks! Just some photos of opportunity!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

But your summers are brutally hot, right? 50 -80F is great riding weather to me.

Comment

Finally rode this today... for about 100 feet around my complex.

First time it's turned a wheel in over two years though so it's a good start!

Still have some tinkering to do (right fork started seeping... hence the temporary bandaid on the leg) but I'll get it ready sooner than later. Been a little preoccupied with a car project at the same time which is splitting my time up, luckily with my seasonal lay-off, I have plenty of time!
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Gorgeous bike Dave!!!!!!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

That's a tasty Kat right there! Was that Rob's?
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Beautiful bike Dave. Katman's former?
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X