No announcement yet.

Friday afternoon safety meeting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No mention of oval pistons in the bullet points for NR?

Wonder how you hone & set ring end gaps for such a bike.

GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post

yeah took that off Wikipedia and thought it strange not to mention.
      No signature

Comment

I really need to shed my hermit ways and get out to meet these folks.
        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Trevor, you live on an island, right? Are regular boring people allowed there? For day trips, maybe?
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Wow! That's some rarefied air you're breathing in there, Trevor.
            Thanks for sharing some pics of these gems.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
              Trevor, you live on an island, right? Are regular boring people allowed there? For day trips, maybe?
              Lol…yes I’m on an island with a total population of around 500,000 from tip to tip.
              The island certainly seems to attract an eccentric crowd.
              Rob, you are well here anytime! We have lots of room..
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                Wow! That's some rarefied air you're breathing in there, Trevor.
                Thanks for sharing some pics of these gems.
                Yeah it’s crazy Steve. I was pretty speechless at his house… and you know me, that doesn’t happen often.
                No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post

"You" don't do any of that.
                  you install the crate engine, put the questionable motor in the crate and ship it back to HRC
                  1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                  1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                  1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                  1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                  1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                  1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                  2007 DRz 400S
                  1999 ATK 490ES
                  1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Yeah, never changed a shim in forty years. Aha!
                    20221127_205113 by Carter Turk, on Flickr
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Thank you! After all these decades, I finally know what an oval piston looks like.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Update....I went back to his place to bring a friend along to meet Bill and see his bikes.....he told me the NR came in European specs and Japanese specs...his in the pics is a Japanese spec 100hp de tuned. But then I was shocked when he said "I also have a European spec one".....lol
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                          Trev's island is a pretty unique place . I would venture a guess that it likely has one of the largest motorcycle and car collector communities in the world relative to it's population .......
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post

Trev's island is a pretty unique place . I would venture a guess that it likely has one of the largest motorcycle and car collector communities in the world relative to it's population .......
                            Absolutely Garth...It's crazy how many people I have met that have incredible collections...not sure what it is about our island but something is going on lol..
                            I'm still relatively new to the collecting community and am probably just scratching the surface, I've met a lot of people through my safety meetings...in fact I get comments from new people I meet "oh you're the guy that has safety meetings"....lol
                            No signature

Comment

I wonder how much it must cost to send that crate engine for an exchange. It has to be really big bucks. If they ever stop doing that, there will be many people in trouble, well, not many, it's not like they made that many, which makes me think they wouldn't mind *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ing off a few people when finally announce they longer support the bike.

Comment

I have been looking for a 70s bar for my garage for a while now and found one this week up in Courtenay...up island about 225kms..lol Went up Wednesday to get it.....and then found some classic 70s stools in Victoria to go with it. I love it!

Storage and the sides fold down too, which is nice

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X