Ukraine russia invasion predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tweet from an hour ago....
    Lukashenka committed treason – he made our country a participant in the invasion of Ukraine. So I declared myself as the national leader of Belarus to protect the sovereignty & independence of our country, represent it in security negotiations & crisis management in the region.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      Manufacturing is 13.6% of Russia's GDP .... And most of that is the auto industry . Russia is far from self sufficient ..... And with the world cutting them off from trade Joe Sixvodka is going to find the shelves bare at his local big box store ......
      Empty shelves at the Big Box store and no brocoli might cause a kerfuffle in Canada but we'd still be eating, staying warm and getting around well enough. And Russia has much more experience with embargos that we don't. People adapt. I expect they can build fighter planes and tanks without any pause in production. Plus, with the length of the borders, what they need that China can't provide ,the black market will.

I hear Canada imports more from Russia than we export. Apparently Italy balks at blocking SWIFT because they need more from Russia. Embargoed Russia will be another example of supply-chain security, if Covid hasn't been good enough.
      Last edited by Gorminrider; 02-26-2022, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        That's a pretty bold statement although as an activist and failed presidential candidate I'm not sure it carries any weight, not at the moment anyhow. Her message is probably going over well among a segment of the Belarus population but she has no power to do much other than rally support to overthrow their current president.

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
          That's a pretty bold statement although as an activist and failed presidential candidate I'm not sure it carries any weight, not at the moment anyhow. Her message is probably going over well among a segment of the Belarus population but she has no power to do much other than rally support to overthrow their current president.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sviatlana_Tsikhanouskaya
          Thanks! (more letters)

Comment

This photo disturbs me. I can't begin to imagine if it was my family.

Julia, a teacher and Ukrainian volunteer, weeps as she waits to be deployed to fight Russian troops around Kyiv on Saturday.Credit...Lynsey Addario for The New York Times

Comment

Does it reminds anyone else of Damascus? Determined resistance will come to hand-to-hand fighting in the streets. This is the chance The Poisoner is taking. It's one thing to beat up Chechnyans that you can label as terrorists but it won't work in Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                Does it reminds anyone else of Damascus? Determined resistance will come to hand-to-hand fighting in the streets. This is the chance The Poisoner is taking. It's one thing to beat up Chechnyans that you can label as terrorists but it won't work in Ukraine.
                Hand to hand fighting in the streets is not a "chance". It is an inevitability. The Ukrainians have lived the reality of being under the Russian heel for far to long to return to that status quo. Russia can not win this fight because they can not win the people. They never will. At best, they will have conquered a land area and made every Ukrainian their deepest enemy. I don't see Ukraine standing down. I suspect they would rather die with their guns in their hands than submit to Russian aggression. Like Afghanistan, this war will go on for a long, long time.

No matter how this all turns, one thing is apparent. Russia will be at the bottom of the world political arena and not to be trusted as will anyone that sides with them in this travesty.

Darker days are coming for Putin soon.
                Last edited by earlfor; 02-26-2022, 04:40 PM.
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                  Hand to hand fighting in the streets is not a "chance". It is an inevitability. The Ukrainians have lived the reality of being under the Russian heel for far to long to return to that status quo. Russia can not win this fight because they can not win the people. They never will. At best, they will have conquered a land area and made every Ukrainian their deepest enemy. I don't see Ukraine standing down. I suspect they would rather die with their guns in their hands than submit to Russian aggression. Like Afghanistan, this war will go on for a long, long time.

No matter how this all turns, one thing is apparent. Russia will be at the bottom of the world political arena and not to be trusted as will anyone that sides with them in this travesty.

Darker days are coming for Putin soon.

Yeah and private underpaid soldiers are more than leery about murdering their fellow slavs.
                  Apparently theres been some russian army sluggishness due to low morale

I recall the coup against Gorbachev and how soldiers refused to shoot civilians.
                  Lets hope theres enough basic decency in enough people on the ground there.

twitter is being hit now so it really shows how hard it is to keep the truth from your own population. Back in 91 92 folks were on dialup and other connection via IRC letting news leak to the outside world.
                  1983 GS 550 LD
                  2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Comment

Russia losing momentum in Ukraine. Biden steps up the tactics.
                      A senior Pentagon official told reporters on Friday afternoon that Russian forces have lost “momentum” in their invasion of Ukraine.
                      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        This photo disturbs me. I can't begin to imagine if it was my family.

These people are well-familiar with war...but still show their disdain for being put in this situation.

You're right, I would not want to see my family/let alone anyone's family, take up arms because of a leader's ideals taking precedence over humanity.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                          These people are well-familiar with war...but still show their disdain for being put in this situation.
                          Are you SURE about that? True, there's been a few scuttlebutt's in that region during the course of their lifetimes but I'm not sure that equates to the experiences of a full out war. My grandfather served in the south pacific during WWII, I'm not sure that qualifies me to say I'm honestly battle-ready.
                          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

CBC just had an interesting special on Russia .... One of the premises was that the Russian people were unlikely to rise up against the government due to their long history of repression ..... First under the Czars, then under Communism, and now under Putin ..... According to Credit Suisse the median wage in Russia is $871 per month ..... To put that in perspective the median wage is over $1000 in India now .....
                            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                              Are you SURE about that? True, there's been a few scuttlebutt's in that region during the course of their lifetimes but I'm not sure that equates to the experiences of a full out war. My grandfather served in the south pacific during WWII, I'm not sure that qualifies me to say I'm honestly battle-ready.
                              My father was fully involved in WW2 europe, what do I know about fighting, martial arts sure, shooting at people and being shot at, nothing nada.
                              Would I do it in desperation, probably.
                              1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                                CBC just had an interesting special on Russia .... One of the premises was that the Russian people were unlikely to rise up against the government due to their long history of repression ..... First under the Czars, then under Communism, and now under Putin ..... According to Credit Suisse the median wage in Russia is $871 per month ..... To put that in perspective the median wage is over $1000 in India now .....
                                You forget they rose up against the czars and won.

In 1991 The communists staged a coup d'tat to eject Gobachev and his reforms. Boris Yeltsin led a popular uprising and street protests that overturned the coup, I still recall security forces running from the mass of demonstrators.

People can be cowed into submission for only so long until they explode, at that point the military will step aside.
                                Last edited by wyly; 02-27-2022, 12:04 PM.
                                1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Working...
                                X