No announcement yet.

Ukraine russia invasion predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh sweet Democracy the joy of mass delusion every 4 years or so that you have any say at all.
    Sure beat this jumped up heel lift packing lizard.

Can it possibly be true that the russian soldiers are stil surrendering and running out of food?
    It would take quite the psychotic POS to bear arms against women and children so many are doubtless having a crisis of faith
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
      Can someone please point to a country that uses a democratic form of governance? They'd need to have a populous that's far more emotionally mature than the participants here in order to function.

Straw man. It doesn't work that way regardless of the flavor of government. Your answer is no pure expression of any type.
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
        Can someone please point to a country that uses a democratic form of governance? They'd need to have a populous that's far more emotionally mature than the participants here in order to function.
        Sure, there are a bunch of them in western Europe, the Americas, along the Pacific rim. They are all imperfect but they all do function and for the most part better serve their citizens than the autocratic regimes around the world. I completely agree that poorly informed and illogical electorates are their Achilles heel. It is why Democracy has been on the defensive for the last couple of decades.
        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          Nothing in my post implied that Russia was a democracy ..... That's why I threw in the word " If " ...... My premise was in a country where the election results choose who the leader is there is no way a leader could maintain power with all the economic sh!t they are in ...... My personal opinion is that unless Putin pi$$es off the military he ain't going anywhere ......
          Putins election are truly fixed results, I'm not sure he'd even allow an election right now.

He's made sure the military leaders are also aboard the Mafia State his entire circle is well looked after financially, where it will breaks down is when they think their personal security is at stake, going to prison or being dead for the boss is the step to far.

When the economic sanctions really take hold there will be public unrest in the middle class, who will they blame Putin or the West. If they take to the streets calling for Putin's head he's in a shed load of trouble. The lower and middle ranking military may not have the same desire in saving Vlad as the Generals.

Cargo shipping is being cut off , credit card use cut off, apple pay gone, mortgage and loan rates double in a few days, air transportation nearly gone, with new sanction coming almost daily the Russian economy could collapse in 3-4 weeks.
          1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
            Sure, there are a bunch of them in western Europe, the Americas, along the Pacific rim. They are all imperfect but they all do function and for the most part better serve their citizens than the autocratic regimes around the world. I completely agree that poorly informed and illogical electorates are their Achilles heel. It is why Democracy has been on the defensive for the last couple of decades.
            The big concern is the USA, the democratic system there is really on shaky ground. I worry about Canada as well our electoral system allows the uninformed and illogical too close to power.
            1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              Nothing in my post implied that Russia was a democracy ..... That's why I threw in the word " If "
              It was your use of the word, "true." But no matter; I find my political views closely in line with yours. No, I didn't mean politics, I meant...Campfire. Right. I agree with you on how to build a campfire. (No politics here.)
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

'Citizens blocking tanks with their bodies.'

I can't help but be pessimistic, at least for the short term. I remember a word that can't be uttered in China today - Tiananmen.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

The Ukrainians are not Chinese, and they have a deep history of resisting Russia's invasions.
                  "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Saw this on facebook today

Let me break this down in crayon before you eat all of them.... The Ukraine & Russia crisis In simple terms for those that have no idea what is going on.

-Ukraine used to be in an abusive relationship with Russia, feeding him, letting him use her car & giving him whatever he asked for until she built up the confidence to call it quits back in 1991

-Since then Ukraine has been working on herself, becoming a strong independent woman with help from friends like France, America, Poland etc. offering her support, loaning her money, & helping her find her way.

-Ukraine has been enjoying being single for 30 years & looking forward to continuing to grow & create new friendships.

-Now Russia being the toxic Ex that it is wants her back, and doesn’t want her meeting new people or creating any new relationships.

-A couple of weeks ago Russia started sitting in the front of Ukraine’s house & when her friends ask him what was he doing there, he said “Oh nothing, just getting a little bit of exercise in, that’s all.”

-After her friends told her that Russia was potentially getting ready to do something bad to her, he said “They’re lying, they just want you to be scared of me & that’s not what it is”

-Yesterday Russia broke into Ukraine’s house, beating her up & “taking advantage” of her while on Livestream & double dog daring any of her friends to do something about it & if they do want the smoke, Russia got that thang on him.

Author: unknown
                    No signature

Comment

Biden creates crater for Russia.

Last edited by earlfor; 03-02-2022, 12:01 AM.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                        https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...plqLjWI962Q1kF

Why was this man so afraid? He was acting almost as if he thought Putin could harm him or his family.

You clearly do not understand the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post

And you clearly don't understand sarcasm.....lol
                          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            Why was this man so afraid? He was acting almost as if he thought Putin could harm him or his family.
                            Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                            Could my sarcasm have been any more blatant, or clear? Could Putin be any more blatant, or clear? I mean he's turned into a caricature, or a cartoon. Have you seen that table that he sits at the head of? Do they even make tape measures that long?

Comment

Don't know if this link is allowed but i thought it gave a good in depth view of the situation from someone who has studied Russia and worked with both sides of the US Gov't.

82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                              Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                              Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                              Albums

Comment

There is a rumor going around, And I did say RUMOR, that Putin has cancer, and wants Ukraine back in the old Soviet fold as his legacy. I've seen recent pictures of the little runt looking quite bloated, as happens to many cancer patients under going chemo. But it's hard to believe that such a thing could be kept secret so long.

Comment

Working...
                                X