Sold a Suzuki and bought a Honda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold a Suzuki and bought a Honda

Yep I sold the 2022 Suzuki gsxs1000gt I got new last year...I put exactly 32,616kms on it in one year.
    The bike is great in a lot of ways but disappointing as well. The things I wasn't happy with...
    Myspin app is useless imo
    Getting tired of chain and sprockets on a touring bike
    Can't put a centre stand on it....brutal with chain and sprockets
    vibration at 5000rpm or 120kmph....
    hot start rattle for 20 seconds that everyone complains about but Suzuki has not responded to
    paint quality....front rim is already peeling
    And the biggest complaint is that it just lacks character...
    Won't be long before the bike isn't worth much and I figured I'd sell while I can still get a decent dollar for it

But I have an update....the experience with the v4 ST has made me revisit the Honda VFR1200F....I really liked them when they came out but at the time they were out of my price range. The bike never sold well with new models staying on the sales floors for years.
    A lot of people jus didn't understand them...they sold a lot better in Europe ...it's a lot like my k1300r...didn't sell well here but did in Europe....they have way better tastes in motorcycle than we do imo.

2010 One owner...retired dentist....20,000kms (12,000 miles)
    170hp, shaft drive, single sided swingarm

I found this one in Thunder Bay...3000kms away...I will fly and ride in a couple of weeks

List of mods...

I wanted to give you a full list of all the mods I have done to the bike (as far as I can recall). I do believe that I did the shaft drive recall on the bike in, I believe 2015 or 16, but I will confirm with Honda before I sell the bike. So here is a list of all that the Bike has installed that I can recall. 1. DAM exhaust. 2. Radiator Guard 3. Centre Stand 4. Power Commander V 5. TechSpec tank side pad protectors 6. Corbin Seat (heated). 7 Honda Tank bag (the bag itself is showing some wear around the top, but is still fully functional and holds a good amount of personal items) 8 Honda Air Deflection kit 9. Tire pressure Monitor system 10 Bazzaz Z-bomb system 11. BMC Air filter 12. The Honda pannier and top box set (has back rest for passenger), with bag liners for items 13. Carbon fibre Rear wheel Hugger, 14 Carbon Fibre tank top pad, 15 Carbon fibre side panel, 16. Custom rear sets for driver, 17 Brake and clutch covers in matching Red 18. Front fork rebound adjusters in Red 19 aftermarket Rear shock system (can’t recall which brand, not Ohlins however). 20 USB charger for phone GPS etc, 21. RAM Stem mount installed 22. Puig tinted windshield. I may also have installed aftermarket front fork cartridge kit, but can’t recall if I did or not, but will assume not. 22. Brake and clutch shorty levers (black with red accents, I believe Pazzo brand, but could be ASV). I will send a set of some separate videos of the bike and me doing a cold start on it which you can watch. I will send them each as separate text messages.

No signature

Traitor! Ha, ha, just missed one near me a few months ago, it sold right away. That's a great looking bike and no KM (which wouldn't bother me anyways).
    1986 1150EF
    2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Congrats on the new ride.
      Nice it has a different exhaust, the stock one had the proverbial sewing machine sound.
      Youtube videos of the Dam system sound good...with the baffle installed.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Congrats on the new ride.
        Nice it has a different exhaust, the stock one had the proverbial sewing machine sound.
        Youtube videos of the Dam system sound good...with the baffle installed.
        Thanks Steve,
        Yeah I had never even heard of Dam exhausts....look like nice quality though.
        Just got a quote to ship it here at $1500....not sure what I'll do...
        A guy I know has one and he's offered to let me ride it tonight, so I'm going over there shortly.
        No signature

Comment

Ban this guy asap!
          1979 GS850G
          2004 SV650N track bike
          2005 TT-R125 pit bike
          LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Dam !! looks great
            1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Took my friend's vfr1200 out today....i like it

No signature

Comment

You mentioned poor paint quality on your GSXS. I can't really comment on that specifically because the only Suzuki I've ever owned is my '82 11E (repainted in '83 red).

But as I gaze at her in my living room, I'm constantly reminded that Suzuki took the 'cheap' option as far as cosmetics are concerned. Whereas the 11E was painted a single color and finished off with decals, my '73 Kaw 900 had three different colors on the tank, and metal emblems on the tank and side covers. Much more visually exciting than the Suzi.

But I love her just the same.
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Nice looking Honda, I bet it runs smooth as a Swiss watch.
                  Yeah, you're right, chain and sprockets on a sport touring motorcycle? What were they thinking? Oh, price and weight of the motorcycle... But who wants to clean and adjust their chain in a hotel parking lot when out on the road?
                  Congratulations on the Honda.
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    Nice looking Honda, I bet it runs smooth as a Swiss watch.
                    Yeah, you're right, chain and sprockets on a sport touring motorcycle? What were they thinking? Oh, price and weight of the motorcycle... But who wants to clean and adjust their chain in a hotel parking lot when out on the road?
                    Congratulations on the Honda.
                    Thanks Norm....I used to be ok with it...but I seem to be taking more long distance touring and by myself....no centre stand or ability to add one is just dumb on Suzuki's part. The Honda is very smooth. The one I took out last night has stock exhaust...pretty quite until 6000rpm...the one I bought has a Dam after market exhaust....should sound nice. The Honda is a little on the heavy side at almost 600lbs wet. My GT was only 500lbs and my K1300r is 535lbs in comparison.
                    Cheers
                    No signature

Comment

That thing matches my ZX-11 in the quarter mile, according to the specs I saw... I've got it on top speed, but who'll ever see 170mph+?

By touring, do y'all mean off the hard surface sometimes? I've got over 4,000 miles on mine since December, and haven't done anything but oiled it (the chain) several times. It does seem like it might need tightening a bit. The center stand's a must.

A chain was part of the preference list for me when I was looking, before I got this last one. I spent 12 years or more with 2 shaft drives before that. Had to change the driven part on the 850 once (got the part from Redman).

Comment

The not center stand is a drag, but there's a very easy stand that uses your side stand, and this piece attaches to the rear swing arm and picks up the rear of the bike. It's small, and can be easily carried.

You have a beautiful bike. The bike looks better than showroom condition. I'm not a fan of the V4 Honda's, my brother-in-law has a VFR750, and the VF(R) 800, that has the shaft drive. I thought they handled horribly. I enjoy my ZZR1200 much more.

Your bike are probably the best examples of those bikes I've seen. You sure do ride a lot, and you got the bike(s) you want, that's all that really matters. Many happy miles!!

Comment

I love Honda V4s! Much as it was a tank, I absolutely adored my VF1000R, and very much liked the VF500f. Congrats!
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

So far, I just can't get us'ta these newer huge exhaust systems some bikes are getting. Gawd that's ugly . The "Dam" looks a little less bad, but still very ugly. But my opinion usually differs from others.
                            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                              So far, I just can't get us'ta these newer huge exhaust systems some bikes are getting. Gawd that's ugly . The "Dam" looks a little less bad, but still very ugly. But my opinion usually differs from others.
                              The Nuclear Reactors I took off of my Kaw ZZR1200 weighed 52 lbs.. What I made to replace them has saved me 40 lbs. in weight, and the bike sounds sounds great.

Comment

Working...
                              X