No announcement yet.

Got my GS 750's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the 85 is the all black one.Paint is in the air at this point.Wear this all the time

So I want something that does not clash.Also want to keep the gold wheels so I'm thinking some red and black with gold pinstripes.
    PS: Yes I wear gloves.Off to take pics
    Last edited by Guest; 10-18-2010, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Ha! Feel free to copy the paint scheme on my EF. Good luck and great find, I'm jealous! Also my EF is built out of parts bikes, an E, ES, EF and a 'busa so don't worry, you should be able to get at least three of those running!

/\/\ac

Comment

I do have the 85 running,forgot to post it up here so here is an update on my progress to date.Tried to start it last Sunday with the tank on.She started for a second then died.Took the tank off ,hit the starter and away she went,bad fuel tap.Decided to clean the carbs(pics above).Finally got it all back together Saturday and she ran very nicely.Had to change taps as the first one didn't work.
        Yesterday I went to change the oil and got distracted by some oil drips around the sprocket cover.Took that off an found this

The freshest oil didn't seem to from the counter shaft seal but from the round piece under that(GPI feed?).It was loose so I tightened it.

Cleaned up nicely
        Proceeded to drop the oil,got this out

May have been overfilled!

Comment

Had her out for a very short spin in my private roads here.Had to move the right fork as it got tweaked over so the carrier was rubbing the disk.Top triple was also lose.Think I'm going to put new seals on the red 83s fork legs and transplant the 85 anti-dive units to them.They are in way better shape than the ones on the 85.
          Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2010, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
            Yes the 85 is the all black one.Paint is in the air at this point.Wear this all the time

So I want something that does not clash.Also want to keep the gold wheels soI'm thinking some red and black with gold pinstripes.
            PS: Yes I wear gloves.Off to take pics
            hmmmmm Duffy Lake Road?.....clash away...I'm still ****ed at you!

Oh and fold over the ctrsft sprocket locktab before you lose it....

Comment

Renfrew-Cowichan loop earlier this year.They where on Used Vic at least a month as the ad was renewed so you had your chance.I was worried that I would get there to find them gone.Can't tell you how relived I was when I seen smash face still there.A bit of a shame about her,she was the best of the bunch before the accident.
              Last edited by Guest; 07-01-2010, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Took a few days off to let penetrating oil penetrate.Had at the exhaust systems

Got the "stock" system off without drama.No broken bolts or any other problems.How did I do that?Used penetrating oil for a week as stated.Then put a 12mm socket on my impact driver and hammered.They didn't all loosen with that but when I put my ratchet and socket on they all came out easy as you like.

Same procedure got this out as easy.Then I seen this:

Well its not as bad as smashed faces.

I took the mid pipe off the silver one(smashed face) as it fits the muffler and:

Mocked it up .Ran it for a few seconds this way.Way to loud,big surprise

Ran like this,very nice.

Going to take it back apart tomorrow to clean and paint it.Needs it rather badly

Comment

Paint header

Cleaned up and painted my headers today

Did this with a wire brush on my angle grinder and my dremel

Done and looking a lot better.

Put rust remover on to get the stuff I couldn't.Supposed to be a protectant/primer so......

All painted and looking much better!

Baking them per the instructions on the can.Yes my wife knows about it! She was thinking it was a idea before I said anything.I love my wife!

Comment

Got the pipe on yesterday morning

Does that look better or what?Have been tinkering with a few other things to

Got the side stand swapped from smashed face as the one on the 85 didn't come up tight.Think it had the wrong spring but this stand was better anyway.Also had to change over the right spring on the center stand to the left for 4>1 clearance.Used the mount off smashed face for this.Yes GS road racer I folded over the washer to

Overall I'm pretty happy with how it's going.Next project;put seals in the red 83s fork and the 85s anti dive units on them.

Comment

The bucket fulls of oil are from the fuel tap leaking. The fuel ended up in the crankcase. It's a wonder it started at all.

Comment

Yes i had figured that out.Forgot to post that.Probably only started because the oil was so thinned out.Got some good Rotella 15/40 in there now.

Comment

Got the forks off the red 83 today.

Started dismantling yesterday to have the easiest removal possible.

Got them off with a little problem,I didn't know how the air fittings came off.Did the right thing and off they came
                          Springs out with why it felt stiffer tan the 85.A bunch of washers over the springs

All broken down ready to be cleaned out and fresh seals put in.All the DUs look good so now I have to get the 85s fork off and put the PDF units on these forks.Got to replace the stud tat was broken to.Going to be dismantling and selling parts off the 83s.But that's another thread in a different forum.
                          Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2010, 01:08 AM.

Comment

All the bits on my bench.Kind of forget I've got this at times.

After some head scratching and them consulting the manual I downloaded from some guy (thanks Basscliff)I got them back together.Put the PDF units on for the bling.I know they don't do much but I do like the look.

Comment

I saw the ad on used vic and was thinking of it, but I have no room for 4 bikes. The landlord would have freaked
                              A great deal for someone with good mechanical skills and enthusiasm

Comment

Thanks,needed a project after selling the SV.Don`t really have the room either but could not pass the deal up.May try to sell a couple off.That or break them down to get them down to store the parts easier.
                                had a interesting day

The 83 forks to go into the 85.

Because the old ones are pitted and have some weird cross hatched pattern on them.

The 83 air fittings(top) are different than the 85 because:

The 85`s valve is here.

What?For got the spacers for one and

The 85 has a much thinner triple at the fork.Doubled the spacers to make it work.

Almost done.Yeah I`ve got to reinstall the reflectors with they`re brake line holders

Comment

Working...
                                X