No announcement yet.

Got my GS 750's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the swingarm in.It was easier without the shock mounted.Still took some doing.Getting the top of the shock into it's linkage was a PITA.The spacers kept falling out.Finally got them in by putting a rubberband on them.Got to late to do more,should get it back together tommorow .Pics then.

Comment

Well still no picsDidn't drag the camera out.Had a problem when I tried to adjust the chain.Could not get it tight.Took it off and took off one to many links.A few choice words later I decided to take the chain off the black 83.It's tight to.The adjusters are right at the end of they're travel.It looks to be a good chain though,X ring.A few little things to do but I'm insuring it tomorrow and going for a shakedown ride tomorrow or Saturday.

Comment

The good news,it's insured and out!Not before I checked to be sure the brake lights worked.Good thing I did.They didn't.Dug in to it to find out why and found this:

So rather than fix it I did what a man with 3 parts bikes does.Gets a better one:

The bad one has the black over spray,a not stock light socket and wood screws holding the reflector.Plus the wires above.Just easier to replace with the unit on the right.
        Now the bad news for me.The far right carb is leaking gas out the rear boot to the air cleaner.So happy I have to go into the get them off again.Any clues as to why this might be happening would be helpful.Suspect a stuck or some other problem with the float valve.
        O,forgot the clucth was dragging bad.The top adjuster was out to far so I pulled that in and adjusted the pushrod cam,Much better now!
        Last edited by Guest; 07-24-2010, 12:31 AM.

Comment

So got the carbs off,there seemed to be a bit of crud on the needle valve.Hope that was it .So while they where off I did some things to make my life easier

That's 40 SS allen screws to go

here,

here

and here

Put in the new O rings a member sent me in exchange of a part I sent him.
          Also put a small spacer I missed one the front wheel.Then seen this

Ordered a new set of Metzler's at Adrenalin today.BTW I know the wheel is on the wrong way,not riding it so it doesn't matter much.

Comment

your wheels are real dirty too.........

Comment

Yeah? you should have seen them before......
              Last edited by Guest; 07-29-2010, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Got the carbs in faster this time.They where in place within 45 minutes.Reinstalling the clamps took a little longer but taking them right off made the job much easier.
                The things took 2 frustrating days the first time.

Comment

Ran again this evening.No gas leaks either

Comment

Looks like your making some good progress. Cool! Of course it must be nice with three parts bikes

Comment

Definatly makes life easier.Going to take the wheels off today and give them a really good cleaning.Then as soon as the new tires get here I can get them put on.
                      Last edited by Guest; 11-12-2010, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Loking like some good progress is being made. I have the same pipe/silencer (Ha) Supertrapp and when I got mine it had no diffuzers/end plates in it.. I was wondering what it sounds like with them in ?? If you click on link you can hear mine (Stock air box/up 1 size in jets/other than that stock).

Comment

Will try to get a video.It will be with my digital camera so no quality guaranteesPretty much in ridable condition for the summer.Come October she will get the full monty.Then with any luck she will really shine.

Comment

Well got another reminder of the consequences of leaving spacer out on the front wheel.The speedo drive fell int 4 pieces when I loosened the axle.That and the scared up discs are going on a wall of shame in my shed.Did get those discs off to clean the front again.It's so bad I'm wearing though the gold trying to get it clean.Will have to be repainted over the winter.Just waiting on tires,will check to see if they're in today.

Comment

Yeahhhhhhhh

Tires where in! Went after work to get them on the rimsAfter supper went out and worked on her till I got it done.While I was changing stuff I put in the sprockets from the bike the chain came from.Keep them together was my thought,Now I've got a bike with changed gearing.The ones on that bike are 15/40 vs the 14/43 stock.If I remember right this should make a substantial reduction in highway RPMsSorry no pics again,was to busy getin er done

Comment

Originally posted by Rkt-Rch View Post
                                Loking like some good progress is being made. I have the same pipe/silencer (Ha) Supertrapp and when I got mine it had no diffuzers/end plates in it.. I was wondering what it sounds like with them in ?? If you click on link you can hear mine (Stock air box/up 1 size in jets/other than that stock).
                                Well here's your wish

9 discs in it if I remember right.Think I'm taking some out as it's a bit loud for this old git

Comment

Working...
                                X