No announcement yet.

Got my GS 750's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang, this is alot of progress, sounds great. Nice photo album to follow along with. Who would have thought this bike came out of what used to sit in front of the parts shop walking by it time after time thinking "what a shame". Well done.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Thank you,allot of it is thanks to my wife.She has encouraged and even helped a little(bit of a girly girl).She has put up with evening where she barely sees me because she know how much this means to me.We where married in January so she still wants me around all the time
      Last edited by Guest; 07-30-2010, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Got the red ones engine out today so all that's left out is this

The engine is in the workshop

Other than the wheels and tank the rest is here

This came out

Whats with the oil in these things? if it was water cooled I'd think it wad a coolant leak.Don't really know what to do with it so for now it will hold the house down
        Last edited by Guest; 07-31-2010, 12:15 AM.

Comment

So I got sick of looking at the white corrosion on my stator cover and did something about it

Then used this

To make it look like

That paint has just the right sheen to it.Tried 3 or 4 paints to get my SVs pegs and hangers to match the frame,this one did it.
          Was going to put this one on

but now I'm going to let this cure and then do the red on it.

Comment

Been a while,busy riding and selling parts off the other 3.Have a problem with#4 carb overflowing.Thought I cleaned up the problem,was wrong.So i took a seat and needle valve off one of the other sets.If this doesn't work I will buy a full new set.Also got these today

Thought about doing Earls but decided I like these better.Finish up the carbs tomorrow,then put on the SS brake lines.Wish me luck,I may need it!
            Last edited by Guest; 08-27-2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Here they are on the bike.Like the look of the red.Looks like I might have cured the #4 neddle valve problem.Tomorrows ride will tell.O yeah,did this to:

Comment

I like the red brake lines , nice work
                Hopefully running some fresh gas through will sort out you valve problems .

Rat

Comment

No it's had 2 tanks of fresh gas through it.I needed a 'new' seat and valve.So far it seems better but i was to lazy after the running around me and the wife did today to go for a ride.Then I had to pull the carbs off one of my parts bike for a possible sale.I just love pulling the carbs on thes things.
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-04-2010, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Ok I am gonna guess that you have at least similar carbs to the older style .
                    The seat has a o ring that will make you think you have a valve problem when it leaks.

Just thought I would throw that up there ,you probably got it covered already

Rat

Comment

Yes ratdude it's possible that the O ring was leaking,it's definitely fixed now.
                      My friend Scott rode my bike on Wednesday,comments like "Purrs like a kitten"or "I wish half the bikes I work on ran this nice"or my personal favorite "We could have traded a long time ago but I was having to much fun".Well they make me happy with my bike.Scott is a mechanic at a local shop and rides all kinds of machines so he might know a good one.
                      I was redoing the fork seals I buggered up with my spacer mistake.So to give me more room I took off the fairing frame.While it was off i checked to see if I could figure out why the signals drooped.

These might just be why!

So I bent them back.

Then I cleaned and painted it.

Love having straight signals and forks that don't leak!Painted the PDFs while the forks where off to.
                      Last edited by Guest; 09-05-2010, 08:18 AM.

Comment

It's looking good Greg!

Comment

It's running Pat,the looking good comes next month when the insurance runs out.In the spring(hopefully)she will look good!
                          I dismantled the red bike a while ago and got some cruddy oil out of it.So a member was asking about valves.This is my lowest KM(38,000) engine so I took the head off to find this:

Yeah it was seized.The head side looked like this:

It cleaned up OK.How do you get that much water in 1 cylinder ?

Comment

Yummy lol. Were did you order the red brake lines from? Think they might be a nice addition for mine this winter.

Comment

Noticed that the engine with the water in it had a nice subtle cam cover seal.The one on my 85 was leaking so I took it off to check the valves.One set was tight.Was going to clean and paint the 85s cover but the one off that motor was in better shape so I painted it instead.After it was all done I went on Bass cliff's site and was reading the article on 16v adjustments and read the answer to those square adjusters I hate.A Robertson (square head) screw in a dowel,brillant!
                              So I get it all together and put the plug wires on in they're numbered spots and start her up,nothing.Check my parts bike,that's the way it's supposed to be,nothing.So I put them on the wrong way.Away she goes.Some PO had flipped the coil leads.Checked and cleaned my stator connectors yesterday and put the coil leads where they should be.
                              Last edited by Guest; 09-18-2010, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X