No announcement yet.

Got my GS 750's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started to get her back together.Bleed the brakes and changed the plugs while I had the tank off.When I was done It looked like this:

The I took the screen from this

To this

How is here http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=162364
    Last edited by Guest; 11-12-2010, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Here's the screen on the bike

Like this much better

Comment

Ordered my first parts from Z1 this evening.Bought some exhaust gaskets,$13.46cad with cheap USPS shipping.Got this felling they will be getting more orders from me.

Comment

Put the bodywork back on

Not usually a fan of black but it's starting to grow on meHmmm Maybe black and gold.Been done to death but it looks soooo goodIMHO>

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
            Put the bodywork back on

Not usually a fan of black but it's starting to grow on meHmmm Maybe black and gold.Been done to death but it looks soooo goodIMHO>
            I am a fan of those fairings though. Looks great even with the rat black. Any plans to repaint?

Comment

Plan to repaint everything I can.The body color is still being mulled over.Like the full fairing on this bike to.The SV OEM ones didn't look right to me
              This was my SV before I became a SV hadder:

Kinda done red thing.It may happen but I'm really not sure what to do yet.

Comment

Had a mess of different screws on the fairing just to get it on.Then I remembered I had made these up to no tools remove the seat and lift the tank on my SV( had quick release tank pins)

Going through some of the stuff i have around I found these

Going to replace the reflector brackets with these for a cleaner look.

Comment

Distractions

Went out to do one thing then started to

take these off.

The other side was just as bad.There was no pampering for this bike before I got her.

These went on in there place.The red one seems to have had a better life.That nice swingarm's going on the 85 to,this winter.Actually I has going to do this over the winter to.

A side by side.

Done.But now everything else looks bad!O well it has to wait for winter cause I wanta ride

PS:anybody notice the 'notched' torque arm?Shades of Shervin

Comment

Nice work so far, the anti-dives look to be off a early GSXR maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                      Nice work so far, the anti-dives look to be off a early GSXR maybe?
                      Or GS1150.
                      The Three Horsemen
                      '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
                      '83 GS1100ES
                      ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
                      Porkchop Express

Comment

As far as I know they are stock Canadian spec units .http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...pictureid=6026Are the same as mine.It is a unmolested 85 Canadian GS750EF bought in 86.Nothing done to it since then.Was having a PM talk with them so I know this.The pics where my request.

Comment

I wonder if those anti-dive units could be fitted to a set of US spec '83 750ES forks?
                          I put that front end on my 1100ES so I could run the 16" front wheel.
                          The Three Horsemen
                          '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
                          '83 GS1100ES
                          ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
                          Porkchop Express

Comment

Should fit as the 83 forks had the same style anti dive unit as the 85 US spec.The screw spacing is the same and there is no reason I could see it would not work.

Comment

Ran into a little problem.Broke the allen bolt off in the preload adjuster.Quick fix right,drill it out and retap.well:

O joy.Well if life throws you lemons make lemonade.I was going to get the shock out of smashed face anyway over the winter so

I Started to take him apart.Was going to use the swingarm off the red one but when i inspected it there was a nasty gouge on it.Going to use the swinger off here to.Once cleaned it's in better shape.

Dirty but I checked and it all works.Will post a cleaned up pic next time.Painted the linkages to,same story.
                              Striping the electrics off the red one i found this under some electrical tape

Wonder if this stopped it!
                              Last edited by Guest; 07-19-2010, 09:15 AM.

Comment

All clean and painted.Pu it all together and tried to install it that way.Didn't work that way so will take it apart and try it that way today.
                                This came in the mail

Very nice,

Look good on IMO
                                Last edited by Guest; 07-20-2010, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X