No announcement yet.

'85 GS700e restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I would love to have that Powder Coaters name and no,. too. I am about a month away from having parts ready to Powder Coat but I am doing the research now and Hampshire is on the way to visit our Grandad so would be an easy drop off. Tell me did you prepare the frame or did they do that and did yours have any of those bendy things on that hold the wiring harness? Do you leave them on? Greetings.
    Richard
    sigpic
    GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
    GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
    GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
    GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
    Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
    Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Originally posted by hjacobmiller View Post
      All I can say is that you are a quick worker!!!

Excellent progress. I'll stay tuned for this one.

Good luck!
      Thanks hjacobmiller! Just hit a patch of very busy working hours so it's slowed up a bit. Should be back on track this week...

Comment

Originally posted by londonboards View Post
        Yes I would love to have that Powder Coaters name and no,. too. I am about a month away from having parts ready to Powder Coat but I am doing the research now and Hampshire is on the way to visit our Grandad so would be an easy drop off. Tell me did you prepare the frame or did they do that and did yours have any of those bendy things on that hold the wiring harness? Do you leave them on? Greetings.
        I haven't got that far yet londonboards, hopefully hampshirehog can give you the info... Where are your latest updates/pictures? Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Comment

Originally posted by londonboards View Post
          PM sent with the details. The price includes blasting but you do need to wash the worst of the road grime / oil off. They will blast those little bendy strips and they get powder coated but if they are really badly rusted you're best taking them off and using zip ties.
          79 GS1000S
          79 GS1000S (another one)
          80 GSX750
          80 GS550
          80 CB650 cafe racer
          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
          X